Thread: Windows 7 can be reboot remotely from RDP Login Screen

Windows 7 can be reboot remotely from RDP Login Screen

Can anyone tell me that How can we reboot Windows 7 remotely from RDP Login Screen?
    In the system older than Windows 7 OS, the CTRL-ALT-END works on the RDP log in screen which brings up the task manager as well as Windows Security window to reboot. But it is not working for Windows 7 system.I am having a Windows 7 Ultimate system and I want to restart it remotely from the RDP login screen but I can't do it.

Re: Windows 7 can be reboot remotely from RDP Login Screen

This is very simple even if you are using windows 7. You can normally do a remote shutdown with the help of following steps: First of all open a command line ,in command line you will get shutdown option.Just press that shutdown command. Press properly all the three buttons. It will definitely work.You can also go through various websites for your requirement.

I don’t think that there will be a problem for you, as it is very simple how to reboot the computer. You might not be using the shortcuts properly for rebooting First check it that you are pressing proper keys. CTRL + ALT + END in the RDP screen will give you a list of options.
    But, at the extreme bottom right corner of the screen there will be a shutdown icon. This is working fine for me.

For some sort of reason, when I reboot my computer remotely, I am not able to log back into it remotely. However, after sometime when I get logged back in directly at the computer itself, then the remote login works again. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I do shutdown -r to reboot.I am knowing what to do. Please anyone, help me out?

Many people along with you have noticed this problem in the past. That is why there is a "autologin and lock" workaround out there. Autologin and lock can be used on Vista as well as on Windows 7. I believe that this is based on your Fast User Switching settings. You can try changing this setting temporarily and see what happens further.Please change the security and networking setting. Hope this is far enough for you.