Thread: How to switch to OEM version on windows 7

How to switch to OEM version on windows 7

Hello everyone. I am planning to switch to OEM version on Windows 7 so I just want to know that is it actually possible or not. Consider that if somebody has a retail version ISO of 7 so is there any possibility by changing some file to mod it to OEM and vice versa? Please do get back to me on as I am really looking for the solution on this. I would like to thank you a lot in advance for the solutions that you will provide to me.

Re: How to switch to OEM version on windows 7

I just had a look at the question that you have provided and would tell you that there is no difference in this. I think that it is possible to switch to OEM version on windows 7.I would say that you just need one SLC2.1 bios along with a slic certificate that matches the bios and a SLP key. I think that once you do that much then it will be possible for you to slove the question that you are facing.Also do let me know once you are done with this.

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply. I would say that this is a really quick reply as I was looking for this from a long time. I just went through the solution but haven’t worked on the solutions as of yet. But I am really happy that this is really possible for me to do. I think that now I need to get one SLC2.1 bios along with a slic certificate that matches the bios and a SLP key. Also does this means no matter if I have retail or OEM DVD but can still use a Loader?

I think that you can use anything which is similar to the loader or BIOS mod. And I am very sure about this. Also there is no such thing a big difference in the channels anymore as far as media. There are few files like the ei.cfg and a few other files like the OEM. Even you can go ahead with the RTL or VOL or whatever as it won’t matter much to you. So I guess that without any hesitation you can just go ahead with this and I am sure that you will be successful in this.

I think that you can use any key on any media OEM or the retail or even the VOL .But you need to remember that the VOL isn't enterprise. And this is because there are no OEM or Retail keys for those. So this is one thing that you need to remember very carefully. If you try to install Pro off an OEM DVD then what it will do is that it will activates the same way out of the box as a copy install as the RTL would do. The key you install then tells the channel the version is. So just remember this carefully.

I guess that it is possible to change the version from OEM to retail. But you just can’t do it randomly. For that you must be able to edit and save the ISO format. What you need to do is that you need to locate the fie lei.cfg which would be present in the source folder and then open it in the notepad. This will also definitely help you. After this you will see this basic script or command or whatever you want to call it. So this is how you need to proceeded to get to the solution you desire for.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided and I would say that I am really happy with the solutions that you have provided to me. I think that if I work on them then it will be really handy and then I will get away with the problem. And even I think that we can use any key on any media OEM or the retail or even the VOL. So I guess that it will be really handy. So I would say that I am very happy with the solutions that you have provided and would like to appreciate you for the solutions that you have provided to me.