Thread: Unable to take system backup with windows 7

Unable to take system backup with windows 7

We have desktop computers running Windows 7, with Acer Aspire. I have had a number of troubles when trying to back up this computer. Using Windows Backup I get the following error message - "The last backup did not complete successfully" Available information also indicates that there was insufficient storage to create the snapshot file storage or backup data shadow. This is inaccurate - the backup peripheral hard drive, as 819.13 GB of C: drive includes no more than 79 GB of data and backup programs. I use the default settings selected by Microsoft to decide what items to backup. How I can make sure the backup system correctly?

Re: Unable to take system backup with windows 7

It looks like system protection possibly will be turned off or locates too small resting on the disk you are backing up to receive a outline copy. To fix this try the following setting. You have to right click on computer and from that you have to select properties and then you have to make system protection settings. I hope this will help you to solve your problem. If you find any other useful solution on this difficulty then share your answer with us thank you.

Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestion in the Acer computer, but without any success. Protection is turned on, but I still obtain the similar error message when I attempt to run backups. I'm not surprised for the reason that I did not understand what he was doing and messages on the screen do not appear to have any meaning for my problem. The only thing I understood was "Create a restore point", which I used in XP computers, I found this, but I do not know if the restore point with respect to the C: drive or disk backup. Do you have any idea?

No, sorry. If you have active protection system and has allocated space is enough to make at least one restore point I do not understand what the message said. Even though I achieve by make use of Windows Backup I furthermore make use of Macrium for the reason that I don't on the whole trust it and it be able to behave strangely on occurrence. Tyr to find about this on internet you will get proper solution with search. Thank you.

Hello I am facing same problem. Moreover how much amount of space remains on drive C? I have no thought what functions construct in backup program, however if you first create a snapshot of the data on the drive you are backing up and not enough space on that drive for shadow copy to work , then it seems to me the cause of this error. Seem to be several additional backup / imaging program. Please help me with your helpful suggestion thank you.

The protection is activated and the catering establishment is 10%, but I have no idea how much space is actually required, but I guess Windows 7 compresses the files before storing. If you mean the system partition reserved, the team has allocated space of 100 MB and it has 38 MB of free space. This was discovered with Computer Management / Disk management process. If I right click in the box reserved system there are a number of options but the option Extend Volume is blank, so I am not capable to increase the space.

Windows uses shadow copy storage space on the backup system partition (in this case you are 100 MB) and the drive that is storing the image. If the imaging unit has not allocated sufficient storage shadow then you may have problems with backup. Filling up the 100 MB partition appears to be the main cause of these problems. His priority is to review first by the actual management of Windows disk. You get to Disk Management via Computer Management. It takes 2 minutes.