Thread: How to replace Vista recovery partition with Windows 7

How to replace Vista recovery partition with Windows 7

Recently I have updated mine operating system to windows from windows vista on mine Asus laptop. I have totally detached Windows Vista apart from Vista recovery partition and it is yet stay. So therefore when I require to create the recovery partition, I have to install the windows vista and after that again I need to install windows 7. It to frustrating and now I don’t know how to solve this issue. Can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: How to replace Vista recovery partition with Windows 7

I would like to suggest you to Boot to DISKPART and so that you can solve your issue. To do this go to the start and after that make hit on the all program and now under the all program go to the accessories and after that make hit on the command prompt. Now under the command prompt type the following and then hit enter after every command.
    Diskpart
    list disk
    select disk # (here # means number of driver)
    clean all
    now you will get the message saying that” DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk” and after that again type exit and then hit the entre. Now once you finish this restart your system and after that go through your issue.

I would like to suggest you to Restore Backup User and System Files in Windows 7 and so that you can solve your issue to do this go to the start and after that make hit on the setting and then click on the control panel. Now under the control panel go to the Backup and Restore icon button and then make click on that. Now on the restore application make hit on the Restore files button or Restore all users' files link. And now follow the steps given in the application wizard. Now once you complete these steps restart your system and after that go through your issue.

Hello thanks for replying and I have tried your all suggestion but it doesn’t works. I have created the Restore Backup User and System Files in Windows 7 and after that also I have got the same issue. I have also searched the several suggestions on the threads but I didn’t got the any suggestion on the threads. Now I don’t know how to solve this issue. Please can anyone help on this topic and so that I can solve mine issue.

I would like to suggest you the following steps and after that try to make the recovery partition. To do this go to the start and after that make hit on the search. Now under the search type recdisc.exe and then hit ok button. Now insert the any blank disc to create the disc and after that make hit on the create disc. Now once you complete this restart your system and after that go through your issue. if this doesn’t works then format your all HDD and after that again install the windows 7.