Thread: What is Windows 7 SP1 USB Driver Bug and how to fix it?

What is Windows 7 SP1 USB Driver Bug and how to fix it?

I am using the laptop with Windows7 operating system. I am having a USB driver which is working properly fine with Windows7.But after installing SP, i am having a problem. Driver is not working properly after rebooting the system. The problem goes off when i unplug the usb and plugin again.Can anyone suggest me a proper direction for the issue. The problem goes on using the USB fix. But the main thing is that, if I make my drivers uninstall and install it again, I am getting the same problem till I use the USB fix and select option. we cannot update the drivers automatically from Windows. So what to do.

Re: What is Windows 7 SP1 USB Driver Bug and how to fix it?

You can follow his simple steps:Firstly the USB devices should be Uninstall from the device manager,then reboot it and let the the device be installed again. The Sp1 installer will not update the USB drivers which may cause problem. The other issue will be caused by the USB controller driver . Device drivers are corruptted and they are not compatible with SP1.
    You can also try to repair the USB drivers ,after that you can download the latest BIOS update and USB related drivers from motherboards website.This will help you ouy surely.

According to me,the SP1 will not cause this issue. You may refer the following steps to reinstall USB controllers.
    Firstly, you should disconnect all the USB devices and then perform the following steps: you should Click on the "Start" button, and after that in Device Manager you will get the Search bar and press "Enter". In Device Manager, press double click to expand the "Universal Serial Bus controllers", after that do right click on the "Host Controller", click "Uninstall" and click "OK", you can also Repeat the above to uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus ".This will help you.

Firstly you should Go to your manufacturers support web site. After that check for the Windows 7 drivers of your specific model number.If there are Windows 7 drivers, then download it to a different folder on your hard drive and install all of these, starting with the Motherboard, drivers, SATA, LAN, Audio,video, USB, Etc., and so on.If you are having the motherboard of Intel.then you can try the Intel Driver Update Utility. You can directly download the driver from the website.

I have spend lot of time on this problem,You should unload and load sp1, muct also try the USB fix tool, tried all drivers, I am thinking that I should re-install a 64 bit version of Home Premium (Windows7) and again make a start over. As I am thinking that it would solve the problem and my processor is 64 bit . The problem is gone for a while,until I applied the USB fix .No other solution. This is what I can suggest you to do.Hope this will satisfy you.