Thread: How to solve Search Enhancement Pack Popup on every windows boot

How to solve Search Enhancement Pack Popup on every windows boot

I think this is an old problem; I have Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 3 and I have loaded 3 months ago. I saw a lot of fixes for problems like this, but hesitate to use one as I think we need a step by step to do so. The problem is that every time you boot, a window of Microsoft for "Search Enhancement Pack" appears. In the folder is "ChoiceGuard, SearchBoxExtension." I verify the taskbar and not anything Hidden. I make sure start and not there. I tried to locate and is "Microsoft" shows the folder "Programs" folder. Do not see anything in Add / Remove Programs. It seems that there are several different solutions mentioned by the same problem, but that is the correction and the procedure?

Re: How to solve Search Enhancement Pack Popup on every windows boot

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do these follow the steps below: make select the start icon on the desktop and after that go to the run program. Now under the run program type the following and then hit the ok button.
    msiexec /x {299CF645-48C7-4FA1-8BCD-5CE200CF180D}
    once you complete this and again open the run program and after that type the following and click ok button.
    msiexec /x {9C9CEB9D-53FD-49A7-85D2-FE674F72F24E}

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this go to the start and after that make select on the run. Now under the run type msconfig and then hit the enter. Now under the System Configuration Utility application go to the startup tab and after that make uncheck mark on the point32 and after that hit the ok button and then restart your system. After restarting System Configuration Utility windows opens and under that make check mark on the “Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when windows start” and then hit the ok button. And once you complete restart your system and then go through your issue.

I think you need to following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do these follow the steps below:
    1. Make hit on the start.
    2. After that select the run program.
    3. Now under that type control appwiz.cpl and then hit the ok button.
    4. Now make hit on the Office system product from the application list and after that hit on the remove.
    5. Once you complete this restart your system and after that go through your issue.

I have gone through this issue and I would suggest you the following steps and after that you won’t get this popup to do this.
    1. Make hit on the start and after that click on my computer.
    2. Now on the windows explorer go to the folder that you have got in the popup.
    3. Right click on that folder and after that select the properties.
    4. Now under the properties go to the attribute tab and after that make check mark on the hidden check box.
    5. Once you finish this restart your system and after that go through your issue.

In my opinion you need to rename the Seaport.exe and so that you can solve your issue. To do these go to the following location: C:/Program Files/Microsoft/Search and after that search for the Seaport.exe and once you got then rename it as Seaport old.exe and after that delete the all file under that folder expect Seaport old.exe. once you complete this then delete the Windows Live Messenger on add/remove program and after that restart your system and then go through your issue. Once your issue cleared then reinstall the Windows Live Messenger. I hope this helps.

Don't know if this will work for anyone else, but when I uninstalled the Microsoft Bing Bar (using add/remove programs in control panel) it removed the 'search enhancement pack' folder and it no longer came up. I had recently installed a HP printer that installed the Bing Bar as part of the installation.