Thread: Error: MEM_BAD_POINTER on windows XP SP3

Error: MEM_BAD_POINTER on windows XP SP3

I am using the windows XP service pack 3 on mine system and mine working smoothly. Last night I have updated mine operating system and after that I have restart mine system and after login I have got the error saying that” SmartHeap Library - Mem_bad_pointer" and after that I have close this dialog and then again I got Error: "This program performs an illegal operation and will be shut down." Now I don’t know how to solve this issue. Can anyone help on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Error: MEM_BAD_POINTER on windows XP SP3

It seems that this update also causes problems with certain applications in Windows XP. The update does not seem to be any error as automatically installed while I was out of work. However, when I tried to run CorelDraw, there was an error "SmartHeap Library: MEM_BAD_POINTER" and not load the program. I identify it was working completely previous to the update. I was able to obtain it to run by hitting OK about 50 times until it ongoing, other than it’s not good enough. When I saw this thread I decided to uninstall KB942763 since it was the only system update and the rest were just misc security patches that had no connection. When you reboot after uninstalling I don’t have any issue on unlocking the Corel. Perhaps this will discard some light on what other troubles this area may have effect.

I would like to suggest you following this steps and so that you can solve your error. To do these go on the start icon and after that hit on the run program. Now on the run write intl.cpl on the text box and after that make hit on the ok button. After that now you will get the application and under that go to the language tab and after that make uncheck mark on the Install files for East Asian languages check box and Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages check box. Once you complete the uncheck, then make hit on the ok and after that go through your issue. I hope this helps.

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this you have to rename the SH31W32.dll. to do this go to the start and after that make hit on the search now on the search type the SH31W32.dll on the search text box. Now make right click on the SH31W32.dll and then select the folder location. And then rename this file as SH31W32_old and then paste it on the windows\system32 folder. Once you complete this now download the SHW32.dll and after that rename this file as SH31W32.dll and then paste it to C:\windows\System32 folder and after that go through your issue.

I would like to suggest you to run the system file checker and so that you can solve your issue. To do this go to the run and after that make click on the run. Now under the run program type cmd and then hit the ok button. Now under the command prompt copy the following and then hit the enter.
    Sfc/scannow
    Now once you finish this scanning restart your system and after that go through your issue.