Thread: Unable to Access old files or email after creating new user profile

Unable to Access old files or email after creating new user profile

I have installed the windows XP on mine system and I have using the administrator profile from long days. Last night mine user profile was tainted and after that I have created new administrator account. When I login with the new user account I am not able to access old files or email on mine new user account. When I tried to open the earlier files I get this error:” access is denied”. Now I don’t know how to solve this issue. Can anyone suggest on this and so that I can work with mine earlier files. Please help me out from this.

Re: Unable to Access old files or email after creating new user profile

I have same issue on mine system and I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your crisis. To do these follow the steps below: first login with old account and then make right click on the my computer and after that go to the properties. Now under the properties choose the advance tab and after that make hit on the setting button. Now under the setting chose the user account that have corrupted and after that maker hit on the copy button. After that hit the browser button and then locate the Documents and Settings folder and after that choose the new user account. And after that you will get the confirmation hit on that and then press the ok button and login with the new user. I hope this helps.

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do these follow the steps below: restart your system and during the restart pores or hit the F8 button constantly on your key board. By holding this key you will get the boot menu and under that you will get Windows Advanced Options screen and then hit the next. Now on the boot menu you will get the safemode with the blue font at bottom select that one and after that start the boot. Once you complete this restart and the come into normal mode. I expect this will assist you.

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. I think you need to make some changes on the setting to do this follow below: login with new user account and then go to the windows explorer and after that locate to following path: C:\Documents and Settings\Old_Username folder, where C is the drive on which Windows XP is installed, and Old_Username. And under that copy the following files on this folder.
    Ntuser.dat
    Ntuser.dat.log
    Ntuser.ini

Once you copy this, now go to this path C:\Documents and Settings\New_Username folder and then under this folder paste all the files that you have copied. Once you complete this restart your system and then logon with the new user.

I have faced the same issue and after long search I got the following steps. To do these follow the steps below: go to start and after that make hit on the run. Now under the run type: cmd and then hit ok button. Now under the command prompt type the following and then hit the enter after every command:
    cacls.exe "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Documents" /T /G BUILTIN\Administrators:F
    cacls.exe "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Documents" /T /E /G System:F
    cacls.exe "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Documents" /T /E /G BUILTIN\Users:R
    cacls.exe "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Documents" /T /E /G Everyone:R
    exit
    once you complete this restart your system and after that go through your issue.

I think you need to take the ownership of folder and so that you can solve your issue. To do these follow the steps below: select folder that you won’t get the access and then make right click on that and after that choose the properties. Now under that go to the security tab and after that make hit on the advance button. Now on the advance setting go to the owner tab and under that select your user name and then select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects. Once you complete this make hit on the ok and after that go through your issue.