Thread: How to remove Windows Security Center from my computer

How to remove Windows Security Center from my computer

HI I am running Windows XP Home Edition in my computer and am planning to remove Windows Security Center from my computer and replace it with some other security center like the System Mechanic. I have come across news that Windows Security Center is one of the latest fake antivirus programs. I have also come to know that it claims to remove viruses from your system but it is a virus itself. I don’t want to become a victim of Windows Security Center. Can someone tell me how to remove it? Anyone with solution please help me. It will be appreciated.

Re: How to remove Windows Security Center from my computer

I would suggest you to perform spyware/malware scan. You should download the latest version of a good antispyware/antimalware from internet and install it in your system. Download and install it only when you have logged in as an administrator or else you won’t be able to install the software. Perform complete scan. Once the scan is complete download the ‘Microsoft Security Essentials’ which is a free security software from Microsoft. Install the software in your system and perform a full system scan again. Hope this will help you remove the virus from your system.

It is not possible to delete or uninstall the “Windows Security Center” from your system as it is an integrated part of the Operating system. It gets installed in your system when the Windows Operating System is installed in your system. It cannot be removed but it can surely be disabled. You can disable the Windows Security Center by following these steps.
    • Click on Start
    • Select Run and type Services.msc. A new window will appear.
    • Now scroll down the list and locate the Security Center entry in the list .
    • double-click Security center to open the Properties.
    • Stop the process from running and change the startup to "disabled".

You can disable the Windows Security center by following these steps.
    • Open Control Panel in Classic View
    • Search for Administrative tools and double click it to open it.
    • Now double click on Services
    • Find ‘Security center’ and go to properties by right-clicking on it.
    • Select “Disable”, click on Stop and finally click OK.

This won’t uninstall the Windows Security Center from your system but it will inactivate it. But it might get turn on again if any windows update happen.

I am not sure but you can get rid of the Windows Security Center by these methods.
    You should probably end the process by following these steps:
    • Start Windows Task Manager by pressing the "Ctrl +Shift +Esc" keys at the same time.
    • Click the "Processes" tab.
    • Select "8ymnibx6.exe" and click "End Process."
    • Select "8xksymni6.exe" and click "End Process."
    • Select "setup.exe" and click "End Process."
    • Close the Task Manager.

Delete the Registry Entry.
    • Go to Start > Run.
    • Type "regedit" in the search field and press "Enter"
    • The Registry Editor will open.
    • Browse to this registry entry (click on plus sign to enter the directory):
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\8ymnibx6.exe
    • Once you find the above registry entry, delete it.
    • Close the "Registry" editor.

Once you done, Restart your system.

You can also try to get rid of your problem by deleting the 8xksymni6.exe, 8ymnibx6.exe and wincontrol.dll files.
    • Go to "Start" menu at the bottom left side of the screen and click "Search"
    • Tick on the "All Files and Folders" option checkbox and select "Local Hard Drives (C:\)" from the drop down list.
    • Type "8xksymni6.exe" on the search text-field and press "Enter." Delete all of the search results.
    • Type "8ymnibx6.exe" on the search text-field and press "Enter." Delete all of the search results.
    • Type "wincontrol.dll" on the search text-field and press "Enter." Delete all of the search results.
    • Once you are done deleting all these files, restart your PC.

You can also remove the Windows Security Center Registry Files by following this steps:
    • Go to the Start menu and type regedit on the search text-field and press enter.
    • Now go to the following path by clicking on the plus (+) sign to enter the directory and delete 8ymnibx6.exe :
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\8ymnibx6.exe
    • Finally restart your computer.