Thread: Which card socket AM3 provide good support for Windows 2000

Which card socket AM3 provide good support for Windows 2000

Hello guys, I know that anything that has to do with digital rights management does not work with Win2k, but I was wondering which card socket AM3 provide "good enough" support for Win2K in terms of drivers. In some cases there is simply no Win2k driver download available, and do not know if the installer immediately barfs on Win2k systems, or you could decompress controllers separately so that almost. Does anyone know about this?

Re: Which card socket AM3 provide good support for Windows 2000

Hello according to my knowledge windows 2000 is out of date. ATI/AMD doesn't maintain it to any further extent. Still if you want to find about this then you can search it on internet. I am sure that you will get proper solution about your query. If you find any solution on this then share your knowledge and experience with us. Even it will help to others who all are facing this kind of problem with their system. Thank you. And please let us know about this.

Thanks you for your quick response on my query, but I refuse to let the vendors on their knees before M $ to choose my OS for me. It seems that there are plates with AMD chips 7xx series still available that offer quick access to memory and processors that's what I'm really interested in. The K9A2 accepted Athlon X4 645 without any problems, the most horrible case that could be able to give the fastest memory and just go down in a Phenom II.

I gladly settle for an AM3 board without onboard video if you gave me access to a faster memory. Possibly I am concerned for not anything. Could it be that whoppin 6meg large L3 cache gives the greatest improvement in speed reference? I do not be acquainted with how much would be achieved by the combination of L3 cache, more high-speed memory in the real world. What you guys think about this. I am waiting for your replies.

Isn't it enhanced to trim your present system used for what Windows 2000 likes most excellent, office employment and networking possibly, and include a separate system intended for media handling, gaming and such other things? I visualize this would quantity to not as much of money and work and obscurity. What’s your opinion about this? Please do reply so I will be aware of it. Thank you. I try to find out this on other forum sites but not getting that much information.

My problem right now is simply to locate any AM3 motherboard with any chipset drivers for Win2k. I hate activation / "phoning home" to MS, so I've avoided upgrading to Windows XP. I know that XP Pro gave me the support I have and the nuclei of most any chipset. Looks like it could go that way very good price, but do not know how ugly it would put a server OS on top of a server installation, but I'm using Win2K server as a workstation quickly. I have also seen crossing a certain flavor of Linux and Windows applications to run under WINE (whatever). I had years ago a very self-effacing Linux occurrence, and do not be acquainted with how much of a nightmare that would modify.

I approximating the thought of having a 64-bit OS that sometime, but I've forever been afraid that some new version of Windows would be so bulky compared to outweigh any additional performance benefit would be more than offset by the pace of Snails OS / "new and improved" applications. I loved Win2K for the reason that it was the primary version of USB supported operating system actually worked, and the nucleus was relatively light and fast measure up to what go after. View of getting the whole thing to work yet again on a fresh platform formulate me cringe, and I've been at this for decades!