Thread: Windows 7 went NOT GENUINE for no apparent reason

Windows 7 went NOT GENUINE for no apparent reason

Hi, I recently purchased a Acer aspire 1830T laptop. It has got Intel core i7 processor. I am using windows 7 Professional 64 bit operating system. Last week I was playing a game on my laptop. When I logged out of the game and restarted the computer I got a message on the screen “windows 7 not genuine”. I have been using the genuine copy of windows 7, but I am surprise to see that Microsoft telling me that my windows copy is not genuine. Can anyone tell me what went wrong.

Re: Windows 7 went NOT GENUINE for no apparent reason

It is really surprising that you encountered this message after you logged out of the game. Allow the Microsoft site to scan your system and check that all the Active X programs were allowed. Run the antivirus program and let it scan the whole system for any infectious file. I wanted to know, from where did you purchase the windows 7 copy. Did ordered it from Microsoft site or from the local vendor.

May be the certificate of windows 7 has got cancelled. This can be the reason why Microsoft notified you that the copy was not genuine. Backup all the data from your hard drive and completely format the laptop. Install the windows 7 OS and see if the problem is solved or not. You must have download or run the suspicious program due to which the authentication got cancelled.

While performing windows update you would have accidentally downloaded a new WAT update due to which this problem occurred. Run the diagnostic tool and see what result you get after scan. Did it encounter any error like File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\sppobjs.dll[6.1.7600.16385], Hr = 0x80092003. To fix the mismatch perform system restore, back to the same configuration when the system was Ok.

If the system restore does not work then follow this instruction. Click the Start button and in the search box type CMD.EXE. Press Enter. Right click on the file and select Run as Administrator. The command prompt window will open. Here type SFC /SCANNOW and then press Enter. let the scan be completed . Make a note of the error messages if any. Then restart the computer. Go to the Validation site and try to validate window. Make a note of the error messages. Now Run MGADiag and post the error report.