Thread: Windows XP & BIOS only detect 1TB of 2TB hard disk

Windows XP & BIOS only detect 1TB of 2TB hard disk

Recently I bought the 2 TB of hard disk but when I attach to this with the my system which is recently running on to the windows xp so in that I have seen that Win XP & my BIOS is not able to detect my 2TB hard disk it is only able to detect the 1 Tb of memory. I do not know why like this is happening in my system. So if you guys have any suggestion regarding the same so please help me on the same as soon as it is possible for you.

Re: Windows XP & BIOS only detect 1TB of 2TB hard disk

Hey I just want to say sorry for the same. Actually I forget to mention about the same. So for that I went in to the disk management and in the same I have noticed that it is recognized only 1 tb of memory. And I have other 500 GB of two hard disk and then I have install the service pack 3 in the same. And after doing this I am getting this kind of issue in my case. So please help me as soon as you can.

After searching about this issue which you have mentioned over here I have searched about the same and I get the very useful information about the same and I am sure that this will going to help you in order to get rid from this issue. Actually I come to know that windows xp is not able to support the drivers which are very large in their size. And here you have also not mentioned that how you are able to get the view of its capacity.

Here I just want to see the screenshot of the drive in Disk Management? Actually I do not think that this kind of issue happen after booting the OS. As much I know about the same then I think that the BIOS only communicates along with the disk at the time of boot mode; in anticipation of the OS is able to communicate along with the disk directly. Actually here I think that you other two hard disk of 500 Gb they are not properly attach to you system. So just turn off your system attach it properly and then see what is happened there.

Hi all, I was accustomed to my external hard drive which is of size 500 GB Seagate and I make use of it very well but few days before I reformatted my computer and install XP SP2 on my laptop. Then I tried to make use of my hard drive and I have lot stuffs in this, but at the present, after I connect to my computer detected but I cannot see that in my management computer. So in this I have also tried the disc but I cannot see the ext. hard disk. Please help me if you have any suggestion on the same.

I really think there is a problem with the USB cable or USB port you have on your system. I would like you to look the same in the first place. Besides this also ensure that after the new installation of Windows XP that you installed all the necessary drivers for the system to function properly. On my system had a problem with the card reader, I was doing the pop-up of it, but I can not see in My Computer. You can go to Device Manager and then the driver CD into your DVD drive please go to universal serial bus and see if you can see a cross or a yellow mark on it. If you go there, then it is best if you can make installing the drivers again and then give this a try again.