Thread: NCICore.exe and NCIArchive.exe are faulting Module MSVCRT.DLL

NCICore.exe and NCIArchive.exe are faulting Module MSVCRT.DLL

Well I have installed Windows XP on the computer of mine. the computer of mine is hosting NStar (Honeywell) software and the database which is utilizing MSQL7. I have noticed that the NStar program is seems to be crashing after trying to login on the system and attempting to adding or removing entries. When I am trying to connect with the database to the connection it is simply failing. Now I am totally clue less why this particular problem is happening on the computer of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: NCICore.exe and NCIArchive.exe are faulting Module MSVCRT.DLL

Well looking at the situation I want to know about the software and hardware configuration of the computer of yours. do you have done any hardware or software changes on the computer of yours. can you post the error message which has been generated in the event log. It will help me out to find the root cause of the problem and also possible solution which I can apply to troubleshoot the problem. I am hoping all the details as early as possible.

I have done lots of research work and I have found the following which might be the root cause of the problem. I have noticed that the Hotfix KB981793 was the root cause of the problem with NStar. Also it is having an issue with the Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 operating system. I want to know whether you have installed the Hotfix KB981793 or not. if your answer is yes then you should simply uninstall the update from the computer of yours.

I am having a particular solution which you can use to fix the problem of yours. in the solution of mine we need to deal with the registry of the computer. Make sure that you should backup the registry entries because if anything wrong happens you can restore the registry into the computer. you should launch the registry editor on the computer and search for the following registry key on the computer.
    Code:
    hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windowsnt\currentversion\timezones
    on the above mentioned registry key you should remove unnecessary Timezones from the computer. after removing the same you should reboot the computer.

Well looking at the matter I recommend that you should perform a system restore on the computer. You should restore the computer to the point where there was no such problem was existing on the computer. It might took little bit time to finish the system restore process. once you have done with the process you should restart the computer. also let me know whether system restore helped you to fix the problem of yours.

I think this particular problem is being happening due to the corruption of the file on the computer. so I recommend that you should run SFC/SCANNOW command on the computer. To run this particular command you need to launch command prompt on the computer. Well you should click on the Start button and click on the RUN and enter CMD and press enter. Make sure that you have launched the command prompt with the Administrative rights. Now copy paste the following command on the command prompt and press enter.

I was also having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. There is a patch available for this particular problem on the official website of the Honeywell. You need to download and apply the patch on the computer. you need to use the instructions which are provided by the wizard. This patch is used to resolve the issue when you are try to start the database when you have installed KB on the computer. also you need to know about the exact build number to fix the issue.