Thread: Is it require to upgrade ARIMA HDAMA G Bios to allow Server 2008

Is it require to upgrade ARIMA HDAMA G Bios to allow Server 2008

Can somebody inform me if it is potential to alter the most up-to-date bios for the exceeding mainboard so that I will be able to install Server 2008? Consistently I attempt install I acquire a blue screen saying. The BIOS in this system is not completely ACPI accommodating. Please make contact with your system vendor in support of updated BIOS. I try to find about this on Google but no success. So please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. I am waiting for your replies.

Re: Is it require to upgrade ARIMA HDAMA G Bios to allow Server 2008

It is an Arima HDAMA rev G 2.17 bios which is in reality within a Rackable Systems dual Opteron C2004 server. I am interested if I could get Small Business Server 2008 R2 installed in place of Small Business Server 2003 R2, each time I try to install blue screens with error that the ACPI is not fully compatible and you need an update. While I realize that not always get an updated "official" I found this site and was hoping that someone might be able to help!

I just edited a request from a different user of HDAMA revG and updated together the unique Busykid Dell SLIC BIOS'es to make use of the fresh Silicon Image 3114 BIOS v5.4.0.3. But maybe your problem is more fundamental? Have you tried to compensation or the performance of its CMOS and BIOS reset to default after booting. You also have ACPI 2.0 enabled in the BIOS. Maybe try toggling that off. I have a comparable card HDAMB Arima makes blue screen on first boot of windows Vista or windows 7 after installation. But then that's superior.

Thank you for your response on my query. Would you mind confirming exactly what to use and how to make the process of flash? Just to confirm I'm not being a Numpty!? The configuration is done and no blue screen before the initial installation process finished. But I'll have another chance now! My HDAM not really have an integrated SATA controller at all. It has a separate controller connected via PCI. Thank you for such a nice help.

Do not worry, the HDAMA rev.G BIOS is the same if you have optional components. You must create a DOS boot floppy or USB drive without any drivers loaded in config.sys. Bootdisk.com has a disk image without a driver. There is also a tool HP USB format on these forums. Read the included text file for instructions. If you are installing Dell’s WinServer 2008 or 2008 R2, then you require making use of the "SLIC" modified version of the BIOS.