Thread: Fedora VS Ubuntu which is best for gamming

Fedora VS Ubuntu which is best for gamming

I try to decide between Fedora vs. Ubuntu for my new HD. I have utilized both and I cannot tell a big dissimilarity. I have plans to use to steam-based games and games based on Windows, so I have a few questions. Ubuntu VS Fedora, you choose? I think Fedora is more stable and more professional, but Ubuntu has a large community for help. I know that Linux is more or less the same, but there are some differences. I really liked Ubuntu, Fedora, but it looks very clean, which I like. Please provide me your hand.

Re: Fedora VS Ubuntu which is best for gamming

Honestly, to play, just use Windows. I hate to say this, but it's the cold hard truth. A commercial game for Linux is a nightmare. Steam works pretty well under WINE. Real game? Not so much. It's very, very beaten up and loses what works, what does not work and what will work with other sweat equity on your part. As for the quarrel between Ubuntu and Fedora, toss a coin. Either option is similarly bad in this case.

I am using Fedora in a virtual machine, and I took a couple of Ubuntu disks to use as a rescue CD in the past. That's regarding the extent of my own experience with either, but I akin to utilize Fedora. Ubuntu has a few decisions newly have not been extremely well-liked with the people, and I tend to agree. Fedora Linux is also derived from RedHat I had at the time and I really liked. The wine has the best community support if you wish to pay for CodeWeavers, but somewhat defeats the point of not utilizing Windows, right? A website in a recent Ubuntu installation run tested some OpenGL games. If I can see where I was, I'll post the link. Basically try Linux native, came under Linux and Windows native frame rate all on the similar computer and hardware. If I remember correctly, it basically came to the game and its application in particular. The games run better under Linux natively or in the wine are OpenGL graphics card, everything needed, which DirectX for graphics, it is at best patchy.

Package Installer uses min debs with Ubuntu and Fedora RPM. I'm not 100% sure, but I can surmise that the wine likely to both provide. But there may be some applications that you (the player browser, music and video, etc.) How not to do otherwise, to control them. Software Center is a bit too nice, although I must admit I do not Fedora eventually and during that time I did not utilize root access, so did not have lot knowledge in the installation. In this sense, I have a GTX 460 and NVDIA driver installation on Ubuntu by simply applying additional driver (jockey). I'm not sure how Fedora handles this so you might wish to see that.

Here I also wish to add something. Well, if we start recommending nature I am using and have been using Gentoo for years, has a good community (just ignore the flame wars, which blow over time), and you have to configure everything, it’s not for a novice though. There is ample documentation for most everything, but you should know a thing or two about Linux before jumping in with both feet.

The collection can be tedious, but automated; the advantage is that you can set compiler options for customizing the hardware and the chipset. Thus, the software will be compatible with i486 and the object file and linked libraries are not swollen by the instructions that never get used to it, thusly smaller, faster and have "an advantage." For myself, I like the way you’re incessantly updated without updates and how quick the newest packages are added to the tree.