Thread: AIX Vs Linux

AIX Vs Linux

I am new to this thread and I'm thanking you sir are no such experts offered useful to help others. My query is that I have AIX Unix at home, but you cannot easily get the hardware and everything, so I decided to have Linux instead of that when I wonder what Linux / UNIX can be very close to Aix in terms of structure and used commands. If anyone has any idea or any information on this than, please let me know.

Re: AIX Vs Linux

Why, in particular, chose to AIX? What are the features of AIX that are important to you? Although all Unix-like operating systems are very similar in concept and script, which differ in details. Perhaps the operating system that best suits your needs would be Solaris, or one of FreeBSD, as it can be one of the many Linux distros. But devoid of knowing what their requirements are that it is difficult to be more specific. Anyway, take a look at all these and decide for yourself which operating system is closer to AIX data that interest you.

Linux can learn precious lessons from his older cousins in the company, the owner of UNIX such as IBM, Sun and HP. Operating systems, in order, can discover a few lessons from Linux. By comparing the characteristics of most Linux distributions ready company with AIX, UNIX one of the principal owners, helps to recognize a few of those lessons. AIX has been developed mainly for administrators, while Linux has been developed by and for hackers. From the outset, a key objective of commercial UNIX systems is to make things easy for the people running them (though not always successful). Just newly has this been a chief thing in the Linux world. A few deficiencies can be set with better tools, when others are more basic to operating systems.

Well, my goal is to be certified AIX and AIX that rely heavily on the job and as you know it's too luxurious to acquire a set of hardware and AIX software just for the sake of training. So I thinking of an open source open systems UNIX or Linux would assist to be a perform AIX UNIX commands and tools in a PC based on x64 bit system. And I know Sun Solaris is not open source, on the other hand it also requires special hardware.

There is an open version of Solaris, but is a bit outdated. You can download the Solaris Express for free from the Oracle Web site. Both can on x86 (or x86_64) hardware to work fine and be done with most computers. Sometimes I have found that tolerance of hardware that some Linux distributions. Another thing I would say is that Apple OS X. Even though initially derivative by running Apple OS X next step, the next is based on the Mach kernel and BSD. Over the years, the Apple engineers pored over the house and even scratch the source of everything. In the process of OS X was born. It would be very naive to believe that anyone knows or can the depths of the operating system that are not written white. While the community can support Linux very well, knows only the original coding team better. I think this confirms a victory for AIX.

You could do some research on the compatibility of eBay AIX and IBM Power server with the operating system and go directly to AIX. Then, when finished, eBay is back. It is not cheap yet to start, but after selling costs cannot be that bad. There are also some dealers out there. The idea to open Solaris is a great place to start well. Just load a virtual machine and play without spending a dime. However, HPUX might be a bit more about AIX, but you have to spend money. The daily command and operation are very similar to those of UNIX, but when you sit down to does some volume management, installation, group, or patches to AIX, which is expected to find you have something to learn.