Thread: How to remove windows 7 SP1 fresh installation error: 0x800F0A12

How to remove windows 7 SP1 fresh installation error: 0x800F0A12

Hello, I have purchased the new branded compute in last year. The configurations of the computer is Intel core2 Duo processor with 250 GB HDD and 4GB DDR3 RAM. I have previously installed the windows XP operating system on this computer when I purchased this computer. Now I want to install the windows 7 service pack 1 operating system on this computer. I have purchased one windows 7 DVD from the market and try to install it into the system. Before completion of this installation it shows the installation error: 0x800F0A12 message. Any type of help will be appreciates.

Re: How to remove windows 7 SP1 fresh installation error: 0x800F0A12

I also faced the same kind of problem in yesterday. I have tried to install this windows 7 operating system on the system but before successfully completion of this installation it generates the same error message. The meaning of this error is to be that at the previously time, the partitions will not be set to the mount automatically at startup time. Hence this problem is occurred. You need to set the partitions mount by using the mountvol command. You need to run this command on the DOS prompt. It will solve the problem.

Hey dude, firstly you need to check the connections of the system. See, sometimes the cable may not be connected very well and hence the problem is occurred. Check the data cable is properly attached or not. If the data cable is not attached then attach it very well. Also check the power connections of the hard disk. If the cable not properly connected then connect it very well. Another thing is to check the RAM is attaching in memory slot properly or not. If it is not inserted properly then attach it properly. And try to install the Microsoft windows 7 operating system on the system.

Hey I also faced the same kind of problem and I do not know about the exact problem. At the time of installation this installation process stop immediately and it shows something same type of error but I doesn’t remember that error. I thing the DVD which we are use is to be corrupted and hence it will not works very well. Hence if you got correct solutions then please inform me. But I have format my hard disk and installed the windows XP operating system.

Hey I also faced the same kind of problem. Yesterday I have installed the windows 7 operating system and this installation error occurred so much time. I had tried so many time to avoid this installation error but this error will not going down. So, finally I have forma the whole hard disk and use the original copy of the windows 7 operating system. It works and the operating system then will generates any type of problem. If you never got any solutions then try this solution for solving the problem.