Thread: I can’t get into any OS after removing windows XP from Dual Boot with windows 7

I can’t get into any OS after removing windows XP from Dual Boot with windows 7

I've had XP SP3 32-bit on one partition, windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on another, and all my data in a third partition, I have been running a double boot system for a number of time through both Operating System(OS), and previously, I never use XP again, id format that separation, and combine among the Windows 7 one. Big mistake, I chosen the disk format through Acronis Disk Director, pass the time to restart, and I obtain a message NTLDR is missing, press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart, searching the Internet endlessly, that is the mainly ordinary suggestion is to use the recovery disc to fix the boot loader and voilla. So make use of the recovery disk, I sort of have it the entire working, and then make use of the director to build my Windows 7 install the main drive, and active. That worked fine. So did the old OS separation logical primary modification, hoping that later than reformat and merge through the obtainable operating system partition. But then the problem started I could not get into my new operating system. Please help me.

re: I can’t get into any OS after removing windows XP from Dual Boot with windows 7

Hello I am facing similar kind of problem. At startup, I possibly will not acquire into my Operating System yet again, this time I immediately obtain a blinking underscore. I sprint recovery disk, usual recovery has failed, Ran Chkdsk C: E: drives (partitioned operating system), errors in the E: drive, it was the old operating system drive; there is nothing in it so make use of DOS to format. Everything went well. Bootmgr tried to recover again, did not work, so I tried to install 7 on the newly formatted disk, I get the message "Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation" "run Chkdsk on C:" I sprint chkdsk on top of C, said that the fine. Attempt reinstalling, but I acquire the similar message again.

re: I can’t get into any OS after removing windows XP from Dual Boot with windows 7

Hello same problem I am facing. I endeavor re-formatting, windows 7 wouldn’t install yet again on the previous partition, as a result I attempt installing windows XP, at the present the error has disappeared reverse to NTLDR is absent press CTRL ALT DEL to restart, I endeavor running recovery console of XP CD, it assumed it rebuilt the boot manager, and is become aware of Windows XP, but still, not initiating. Done a number of additional stuff - this time DISK READ ERROR, appear to be revolving between these error posts.

Hello someday before I was facing similar kind of problem. But I fix it. Have you endeavored to boot commencing the Windows 7 DVD and carry out a startup revamp to reinstate the boot loader? Make an effort to deleting the partition in the company of Windows 7 disk tools for that boot the Windows 7 DVD and generate a fresh NTFS partition and go back over the installation. I hope this will help you to solve this problem. Because I fixe my problem by using this setting.

Yes I tried using the Startup Repair. My hard drive is not damaged, I identify as I removed it from my computer, and I include it and put in an outside hard drive caddy, and have connected to my laptop, I can access all files fine, everything is intact, is just the boot loader that ruined everything. Know of a way to fix it when it is connected outwardly, possibly will rebuild the boot loader through Easy BCD, but may affect the files on my laptop to boot, all I want to edit the boot files on drive doubtful. Any suggestions?

Re: I can’t get into any OS after removing windows XP from Dual Boot with windows 7

Delete the XP partition completely so that you only have one partition with an OS on it; make sure the XP partition has been eliminated. Then use your Windows disk to repair windows 7, if not resolved for the first time, to repair windows again and if that fails, try again. I had the same problem although not a disc read error, said the missing boot loader, but when repairing windows boot loader fixes missing, but it is believed that XP is still in the system and thus gives the error again, this is and must completely remove the XP partition and then do the steps above.