Thread: Domain for Windows 7 Home Premium not working

Domain for Windows 7 Home Premium not working

I am having a very miniature network in my location, and have troubles in accessing a file shared. I have a server 2008 R2 box, running AD DS / DNS / File Services, a few systems having Windows 7 Pro OS or Windows 7 Ultimate OS installed, and the whole thing is functioning fine there. though, I have two notebooks with Windows 7 Home Premium OS, and I am familiar with that I am not able to link the domain, which is well. I just desire to admission files that are located on the server. I have shared files with all but two Home Premium laptops, when you try to map to \<server>\ D $, simply indicates that the location can not be found. Any ideas? Need more information?

Re: Domain for Windows 7 Home Premium not working

I do not believe it is feasible to link a Home Premium operating system to a domain. Connecting to a domain share be against except you can set up a connection of faith with the domain, but connecting the Home Premium system is a element of another domain . it is not occurring. So the simply obsession present to do is to build the network share the accessible domain in the DMZ, which is almost certainly not suitable for security cause. It is not somewhat to "fix." The issue you're practicing is the effect of the boundaries of the Home Premium edition of Windows. Install Pro / Ultimate / Enterprise Edition and all issue will fade away.

whereas it is not feasible for Home Premium connect a domain, you can join to share on a domain server with the recommendation to log on the your personal computer. In reality, the system I am now, having Windows 7 Home Premium, with a workgroup name is the similar as the domain that I am having, and the recommendation of the local user login are the similar that the domain user credentials, you can see all actions available in the domain server, and permit me to use the entire those whom the domain user (my name) has privileges. I have additional 4 groups in these systems that perform likewise.

I am also similar issue. There are various things that I have gone through to solve out the problem. For example, in my notebook to set up the functioning group for the domain name. though, when I attempt to find the way to \ server \ D$, we utter that the path can not be create. Do not inquire a user / password, I simply thought that the lane is unacceptable. The similar occur if I go to make use of the net use command. Any thought why I am not discover the network share? I have the guest account facility on the DC in the shared directory is shared with everybody (protection is set for everybody.) I am familiar with that the observe are safer, but I have admission to this share, and once i understand the issue, I can fix the whole thing. What in addition I can perform?

I have a system with Windows 7 64-bit notebook. I'm thinking to upgrade to Windows Vista, I am a college student and want to make use of my notebook to join to my college network. It is thought that Windows vista can not join to a domain, I doubt if I could immobile attach to the network. I also examine that Windows vista can not join to a domain or so if it is right that I need to upgrade to Windows vista Professional to admission in the network at my college?

I would like to thank you for using the forum for query.
    This would entirely depend on the configuration of your college network the method you join to your network. I uncertain you would essentially link the domain to contact college capital on the network. though, I would make sure with the IT section of the college to observe which version will be the finest choice for use in school.