Thread: need administrator rights to access task manager window

need administrator rights to access task manager window

hi , I am having Window 7 operating system installed in my laptop. Recently I formatted it and installed Window 7.when I one of my program was not responding I tried to end it by hitting Ctrl+alt+Del key. I thought I could end the process from Windows Task Manager but was disappointed to see an error message displaying that administrator has disabled the Task Manager. I am sure that I have not disabled the task manager while installing the windows 7 operating system. Please suggest me how to get it enabled.

Re: need administrator rights to access task manager window

I was also having the similar problem. I was not able to get into the task manager window so after so much of research I found that the task manager is disabled, a register key is responsible to disable windows task manager. But was unable to find how it was set disable. In most of the cases the spyware is responsible for this. So I suggest you to first scan your C drive using antivirus software. After completing the scan you can again try to open the windows task manager.

That’s true, if your computer is infected by a spyware program you can’t find the task manager by doing right click in the task bar. You will find that the task manager option is grayed out. If you are having this problem then go to the start menu in the task bar and select Run. In the space provided type regedit.exe and press Enter. Here on your right hand side you will see a 32 bit REG_DWORD value named DisableTaskMgr with one or two values “1 – Disable task manager”,” 0 – Enable task manager”double click on it to change the value. I hope this would help you.

There is another alternate way by which you can change the settings in your computer to enable the task manager. Select start and then go to Run. Here type gpedit.msc and press enter. from the group policy editor go to User Configuration option and select Administrative Templates. From here select System and then Ctrl+Alt+Del, change The Remove Task Manager Policy to not Configured or Disabled.

Post5
    By hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del key you can start the windows task manager. If you are unable to start task manager by the shortcut key then open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32.In that folder look for taskmgr.exe file. If you locate this file then double click that file. You will see that the Task manager appears on the screen.