Thread: I am not able to install Vista Service Pack 2 32bit (KB948465) and getting error code 80004005

I am not able to install Vista Service Pack 2 32bit (KB948465) and getting error code 80004005

I am using windows vista service pack 2 on mine new system and I have downloaded the update for mine windows vista and I tried to update mine system and the installation complete the 100% but after updating I have restarted mine system and when I login I got this error:” Service pack did not install, Reverting Changes, Do not turn off your computer”. Now I don’t know what to do can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue. The following are the detail of error:
    Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (KB948465)
    Installations datum: 1.3.‎2011 20:18
    error code: Code 80004005

Re: I am not able to install Vista Service Pack 2 32bit (KB948465) and getting error code 80004005

I think your updating stopped due to the third party and so I would like to suggest you to disable the third party and then try to update the system. To do these follow the steps below: first go to the start and then make hit on the run and under the run type the msconfig and then hit the enter. Now you will get the windows application and under that go to the start-up tab and then disable the all third party application including the anti-virus and then go to the service tab and under that make check mark on the Hide All Microsoft Services and then make hit on the disable all button. Finally make hit on the ok and then restart your system and then try to update. I hope this will help you lot.

Re: I am not able to install Vista Service Pack 2 32bit (KB948465) and getting error code 80004005

I have gone through this same issue and to solve this I have performed the Bootrec.exe tool and after mine issue has been solved. To perform this follows the steps below: first put the windows vista installation CD or DVD on your system and then restart your system and after that press the any key when you’re prompted. And after that you will get the windows and under that insert the sufficient data and then make hit on the repair your computer and after that select your operating system and then click on the next and after that make hit on the command prompt on the system recovery windows panel. Now under the command prompt type the following and then hit enter.
    Code:
    Bootrec.exe
    Once you complete this now restart and ten you can update your windows.

I would like to recommend you below steps and so that you can solve your issue. This step is to stop the Automatic Updates service and renaming the Software Distribution directory and after that update your system. To do these follow the steps below. Open the automatic update service through make hit on the start and then click on the run and then type services.msc and after that under the Automatic Updates make right click on that and then select the stop. And after that minimize this application and then go to start and after that run and then write cmd and then hit the enter. Now on the command prompt type the following and then hit the enter after every command.
    Code:
    cd %windir%
    ren SoftwareDistribution SDTemp
    exit
    And after that maximize the service application and then make right click on the Automatic Updates and after that choose the start.

I would like to advise you to perform the installer cleanup tool and after that you are smoothly update your windows. To perform this you need to download the installer cleanup tool. To download this go to the some official website like Microsoft etc and then search for this tool and then download and save it on your desktop. Once you complete the downloading and then install it on your system and after that restart and then try to update your system. I hope this will help you lotto solve your issue.

I would advise you to do the System Update Readiness Tool to solve the upgrade issues that are of your windows. To do this you need the install System Update Readiness Tool. To download this go to the official website of some of the search for Microsoft, etc, then this tool and then download and save to your desktop. Once the download and then install it on your system and restart after that and then try to update the system. I hope this will help you solve your crisis.