Thread: I am not able to install new applications on Windows

I am not able to install new applications on Windows

I am having Windows OS, It was working properly but I am facing a problem with this system. I had purchased a mp3 software and when I started installing it in my system, I was getting an error “1325 type error”. My friends told me that it’s due to some problem in your Microsoft installer software . So I visited the Microsoft official web site and to repair my Windows installer software I tried fix on but yet I am not able to install any new software or applications, Please help I guess many of you have gone through this problem.

Re: I am not able to install new applications on Windows

Dude I had same problem my Windows installer software was not working and I wasn’t able to install any application which uses Windows installer software, I had gone through some forums and finally found out the solution ERROR:1325 is because of if you Reinstalled the OS to new drive, suppose originally OS was installed in C drive and now you have removed the C drive and reinstalled Windows OS into another drive D this is the one reason and another reason for this can be if your installation is corrupted and in control panel Add/remove programs doesn’t work for you then you can use the Windows cleanup utility.

The above given solutions are perfect only if you have reinstalled the OS and you may have not changed the path for the system. And the system will look for the old drive which is already removed or moved. You can fix it easily by changing the path. And if you have not reinstalled the OS then follow these steps . First, click on the Start button and then click on run and in the open box type regedit and click on OK.
    Second,
    Locate the following registry key:
    Code:
    <samp>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\</samp>
    And now the last step, delete all the entries that show the path and which are also shown in the error message.
    Hope this will work for you.

Yes you have given quite right solution for the problem but still there are some other factors which have to be taken under consideration, I don’t know the technical part but I can tell you what are the main reasons behind this error and then you can search for proper solution. Windows OS have a Windows installer as default program and which used by many external software or application to install on the system. You may have got this error “The Windows Installer service could not accessed.” This is due to if you reinstalled OS on other the drive and forgot to change the path, OS files corrupted and it can be also due if Windows Installer program is unregistered or damaged. You have Un-register and re-register that program and your problem will be fixed.

Dude you have to just follow all this steps to completely get rid up of this problem,
    1- Click on Start button and then you have to click on ‘Run’.
    2- Type ‘cmd’ in the open box and click on OK.
    3- Now, command prompt will be open into that type "msiexec.exe /unregister" (without quotations) and press enter.
    4- Type "msiexec /regserver" (without quotations) into the Command Prompt and hit "Enter".
    This might solve your problem if it doesn’t then follow the next steps.
    5- , click on the Start button and then click on run and in the open box type regedit and click on OK.
    6- Locate the following registry value in the left pane of the Registry Editor and click on it.
    "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT".
    7- Click on ‘Edit’ first and then click on ‘permissions’.
    8- And now form the ‘Group or user names’ select ‘systems’ and then check the box next to ‘Full Control’ .
    9- Now click on Apply and then on OK and restart your systems.
    I am sure this will definitely solve your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kraal View Post
    The above given solutions are perfect only if you have reinstalled the OS and you may have not changed the path for the system. And the system will look for the old drive which is already removed or moved. You can fix it easily by changing the path. And if you have not reinstalled the OS then follow these steps . First, click on the Start button and then click on run and in the open box type regedit and click on OK.
    Second,
    Locate the following registry key:
    Code:
    <samp>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\</samp>
    And now the last step, delete all the entries that show the path and which are also shown in the error message.
    Hope this will work for you.
    yes, this was posted on MS forum and it actually worked.

Thanks a ton guys, you guys have really solved my problem instantly. If you guys did not helped me out it could have taken a longer time and might be it would have cost me some amount of cash unnecessarily and time too. I work from home for Freelancer and I have to install many software according to the projects given to me and due to this problem I was stuck in between of the project. Actually I had reinstalled my OS and as you guys said I did not change the path so some programs were looking for old drive which I have removed and I just removed that path and now it’s working properly. Thank you guys,