Thread: File d3d9.dll is missing in Direct X

File d3d9.dll is missing in Direct X

I had install Windows XP on my desktop system. After working it for long when I wanted to play games on it I was not allowed to as I got an error saying that d3d9.dll file is missing which is used by direct X. when I tried to upgrade my system I by insert the original Windows disc but my system was been updated. Also when I try to download direct x from the Microsoft website it gives me error saying my system is already updated. After giving it a hard try I was not able to play games on my system. Can any help me out from this situation?

Re: File d3d9.dll is missing in Direct X

This issues occurs whenever we uses Microsoft Direct X. it is the part of the entire Microsoft Direct X. as you want to use games or other software which require advanced graphics you will need to have Direct X. care should be taken that you cannot individually download a single d3d9.dll file from the internet or say from Microsoft website. Whenever you start a game or software it will prompt you this error. Try downloading entire updated version of Microsoft Direct X and install it on to your system. Before that care should be taken before that you will need to uninstall the previous Direct X before installing the new one. Or else it might happen that both the files would interfere and causing much harm to your system.

To check which updated version of Microsoft Direct X you will need to download try diagnosing your system from the instructions given below:
    1. Click on start
    2. Go to run
    3. Type dxddiag
    4. Press enter
    5. Check the system tab
    6. Version of Direct X will be displayed on version line
    7. Go to DirectX files tab
    8. Check the version information
    9. Click on exit

If your Direct version is already installed following are the steps to remove or uninstall it:
    1. Click on start
    2. Go to Control panel
    3. Go to add or remove programs
    4. Go to current installed products
    5. Click on Direct X
    6. Remove it
    7. Select yes if it prompts you

If your above solution does not work out for you then check on the game CD/DVD it might have the required Direct X store in it. You can then easily install it from there. Which is easy and fast as download will consume your more amount of time. Also, you can try downloading the latest driver for your video card or adapter installed on to your system. For this purpose you will need to install latest drivers of it which will help you working on your system fine. I hope this might be very much helpful in your case.