Thread: When I install new Security Update for .NET Framework 4 on Windows Vista, R2 for x64-based Systems (KB2160841) gives me an error code 66a

When I install new Security Update for .NET Framework 4 on Windows Vista, R2 for x64-based Systems (KB2160841) gives me an error code 66a

I have installed the windows vista on mine system and I have updated mine window vista but while updating I got this issue “error code 66A” and then updating was stopped. This error was got during the time of Security Update for .NET Framework 4 installation. After that to solve this issue I have tried to update mine windows on the safe mode but this doesn’t help me to solve mine issue. I don’t know why this issue occurred, can anyone solve this issue and so that I can do the update. I am also using the AVG antivirus.

Re: When I install new Security Update for .NET Framework 4 on Windows Vista, R2 for x64-based Systems (KB2160841) gives me an error code 66a

I would advise you to download the installer cleanup utility on the system. To do this go to an authorized website and after that download the file and save to your system. Formerly complete save the file to pick the msicuu2.exe now and then right click on it and later than you choose Run as administrator. Currently you have the tool setup wizard and after that, follow the steps in the wizard of Windows. Once you complete the installation and start again your system and get the crisis resolved.

Re: When I install new Security Update for .NET Framework 4 on Windows Vista, R2 for x64-based Systems (KB2160841) gives me an error code 66a

I would like to suggest you to repair the Microsoft.Net Framework 4 Client Profile and so that you can solve mine issue. To do this follow the steps below: go to the start and then make hit on the control panel and under the control panel select the program and feature and after that select the Microsoft.Net Framework 4 Client Profile and then make double select on that and after that choose the repair option. Now once you complete the repair now restart your system and then update your system.

I have gone through this same issue and I have downloaded the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool and after that now I can install the all windows update on mine system. Make hit on this link to download the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/cfs-file.ashx/..._5F00_tool.zip. This software will used to remove the all earlier version of .NET Framework. Now once you complete the download and then install it on your system and after that restart your system and then install your updates.

I would advise you the following things and so that you can solve your issue. To do these follow the steps below. Make hit on the start icon on the desktop and then click on the control panel. Now under that go to the administrative tool and then choose the .NET Framework wizard application. Now under this select the csc.exe and then pick the freshest configuration and then hit to apply. Once you complete this restart your system and then update your window. While updating makes sure that you have turned off the antivirus.

I think you need to carry out the restoration of the system and so you can solve your problem. To do this follow these steps. Make a stroke on the start icon on the desktop and go to the program after all and after that in the framework of selecting all the accessories and then select System Restore. Now, under the system restore application, select the date just before the problem started, and then enter the information of others, and once complete the system as it hit restore and then once you complete this reboot and then go through your problem.