Thread: Does the upcoming SDK for Google TV run on Android Honeycomb

Does the upcoming SDK for Google TV run on Android Honeycomb

I heard that Google has delayed the open source Android 3.0 (Beehive) for several months. Now the big question is: Will the next SDK for Google TV comb? If so, this is certainly disappointing news for those who were waiting for the market to be released soon. Honeycomb is the new Android operating system designed "for tablets and larger screens" - so it certainly could be programmed to Google TV in the future. There is as well a version of Android 2.4 called "Ice Cream" planned for came in May. So it's possible that could be used with Google TV - but my understanding is that Iglesias is designed for mobile platforms and honeycomb for "bigger screens." The SDK (software development kit) Google TV has not been released yet. Anyone have any idea about this? Please provide me some information on this.

Re: Does the upcoming SDK for Google TV run on Android Honeycomb

The release of SDK has very little to do with the app store release, but has much to do with the availability of cheaper products from the competition. This shows that Google wants to make money first, before following the commitment made open source. Guess we'll have to wait until they find a way to make money even when our flow of home videos, before seeing any progress in the development of this product.

Google is manufacture honeycomb obtainable to manufacturers. The delay of open source has to accomplish with the code obtainable to developer’s application. Delay Open source has an unenthusiastic monetary impact on Google because applications are not being developed. Applications available for a product of more devices with this operating system will sell. This is in the best interest of Google to release the code as soon as possible.

Google is roiling the waters of open source by refusing to release its Android 3.0 "honeycomb" operating system for independent developers that the code can be sanded. Google's usual modus operandi is to seed producers Android device with the source code for building products, and then release the source code open to developers to play a few months later. For instance, Motorola mobility, and Samsung Electronics have previously utilized honeycomb for tablets. Motorola Xoom has been on the souk for a month. Samsung has just introduced honeycomb lists 9 inches and 10 inches at the CTIA Wireless.

Just to put things in perspective, Google introduced the Honeycomb 3.0 SDK in February this year. I know several developers who have waited patiently, as their hands can build on the source comb their applications. In its protection, Google says it is not that people like the Smartphone operating system for which it was designed to do. This has perhaps the nastiest excuse I've perceive for a long time. Most people know 2.x versions are known for Smartphone’s and 3.0 for the tablets Android. Android 3.1 is expected that the combination of software for smart phones and Tablet PC.

Is there a relationship among the honeycomb applications and applications for Google TV? I have a Motorola Droid and Xoom. There are lots of Android applications is in the Xoom work, but truly needs to be optimized for Xoom. There are several applications that were developed for Xoom and the list continues to grow. From what I've read, no comb source, developers do not use all the features of the honeycomb and Xoom have to offer. Could this be a similar situation in diapers and Google TV?