Thread: I get error 66A on new update of .Net framework 4

I get error 66A on new update of .Net framework 4

Hello everybody I have recently faced problem after the update of .net framework. Now I am not getting any clue to solve this. I was attempting to install Security Update for my .NET Framework 4 on my Windows Vista operating system. Everything had gone perfectly. After the installation when I start my computer each time I get the error message. I not remember the actual error but I can say it is error code 66A .Is anyone here who ever faced this kind of problem and know the solution please let me know? Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Re: I get error 66A on new update of .Net framework 4

Tell me one thing that whether or not you can install other updates like driver or windows without this kind of error message? If not you should go through the following steps given here and make sure that it work for you to get out of the update installation problem with your .Net Framework . First go to Start button and then go to Control panel button then Click on Program and Features then move down to Microsoft.Net Framework 4 Client Profile, then here you will get option to uninstall or change the software. Then after that you will get choice to repair select repair option then you will move to repair windows it will take your ten minutes time it depends upon your experience. Once you finished go to update center and do update once again.

From my point of view you get this error because a security issue has been detected that could permit an unauthenticated remote attacker to cooperate in this means your computer system and put it in his control. You may assist protection of your computer system by installing update from Microsoft official website not any torrent websites. Once you have finished the installation of this update, you may require to restart your computer system again. I have this much information about this problem. If it really help you please inform me.

Any how I could fix this kind of problem. I tell you what I did to overcome this problem. First click on Control Panel from the start button then I click on administrative Tools here I got the .NET Framework 4 then I click on this wizard then I selected the set application after then I click on csc.exe file then click on mainly current settings if you have many list then click Apply button and make sure that you have closed all applications and windows update and then attempt to update the .net framework individually.

I have the same with the same problem. My Vista 64-bit, XP God loved me, you're making me download updates every time I turn on the machine only to insist on this update of one that does not even work, does anyone have a clue. The patch does not work, I have also KB2160841 as above. The forums are usually not too deep, but I thought I would give it a shot.

Please confirm the current issue of all. NET Framework is installed. To do this go to Control Panel and then you have to open Programs and Features and click View Installed Updates. Moreover, just open the Control Panel, Windows Vista Update History Update and press twice installations failed error information and give it wider.