Thread: Windows update is failing while attempting to install SQL Server SP3 (KB955706)

Windows update is failing while attempting to install SQL Server SP3 (KB955706)

I am using the window vista on mine system and i have updated mine windows last but while updating mine I got the error saying that Windows update is failing install SQL Server SP3 (KB955706) and with that I go this error as well” Window Update error "WindowsUpdate_0000066A" "WindowsUpdate_dt000". I am installed the windows service pack manually but after that as well I receive this error. I have tried to solve this by again reinstalling the SQL Server SP3 (KB955706) but it doesn’t help me. Now I don’t know how to solve this issue. Can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Windows update is failing while attempting to install SQL Server SP3 (KB955706)

I would like to suggest you the following things and so that you can solve your issue. To perform this you should follow the steps below.
    1. First make hit on the start icon and then go to the run and under that write services.msc and then hit the ok button.
    2. Now you will get the windows under that go to the service windowpane and then make right click on that and then select the stop.
    3. Once you complete this now minimize service window.
    4. Now select the all the stuff of the Windows distribution folder and then erase it. (You will get this folder on drive: \Windows\Software Distribution folder on this location. Here driver location is installation of the windows vista) and after that make sure that you have delete the all the files.
    5. Now again maximize the service window and then right click on that and after that select the start and close the all application on your system.
    6. Once you complete all this now restart your system and then your issue will resolved. I hope this will help you lot.

Re: Windows update is failing while attempting to install SQL Server SP3 (KB955706)

I had the same issue on mine system and to solve this I have followed the below steps and after that I have solved mine issue. To do this follows the steps below: go to the start and then make hit on the control panel. Now under the control panel select the program and then go to the program and feature option. Now under this select the .NET FRAMEWORK 4 CLIENT PROFILE and then make double click on that and after that a select the repair option and after that follow the guide by the wizard. Now once you complete this restart your system and then update the windows again. I hope this will help you lot.

I also received the error message "Windows update_0000066A" "Windows update_dt000" when trying to download the update from Microsoft. NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1. I have Vista X64 Interior. All other updates, including new Service Pack have installed fine. It is precisely this "important" is not. Any suggestion that I have read so far involve removing security updates starting with KB88 ... and I have none. The entire my updates begin with KB9.... I've only had this system since one month and now go throughout all my updates and establish that this update has unsuccessful each time since one week I estimate the update icon reverse after installing the new Service Pack. Any suggestions on this and thank you very much for any help.

I would like to advise you to download the Installer CleanUp utility on your system. To do this go to some official website and then download theism file and then save it on your desktop. Once you complete the saving file now select the msicuu2.exe and then make right click on that and after that select the Run as administrator. Now you will get the installation wizard tool and after that follow the steps on the windows wizard. Once you complete the installation and then restart your system and the issue will get solved.