Thread: Drive: E:\__ access denied in windows XP

Drive: E:\__ access denied in windows XP

Hello, I have purchased Intel core2 Due processor in last year. In that computer machine the hard disk is partitioned into four drives by using Windows XP operating system. Last few days I have not able to view the contents of E:\__ and I do not want to loss this important data. I need some help for solving this problem. The other drive is worked correctly so, I think there is not problem in other drive. The OS is installed in the drive C: and it works very well. So, can somebody help me?

Re: Drive: E:\__ access denied in windows XP

Dude, I also faced the same kind of problem. In that time my friend sends me a code which will help me a lot to solve the problem. The code is to be as follows. Go to Start->Run and type Regedit then find the following HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\ Explorer\User Shell Folders. In the right pane - see if there is any entry which has an F or any other letters besides C (your OS folder) modify data to C:\. Modifications of these settings are at your own risk because if you enter it incorrectly then it can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly.

I also faced the same kind of problem. In that time I also try the same kind of solutions but it will not help me. So, after that I have decided that there should be last chance to solve that problem. I have format the F:\__ drive then eventually I know about data recovery software which is available on the internet. So, I have installed that software immediately after the formatting option and use that one. Surprisingly all the data present in the drive is to be get back. So, I think if you should not get any solutions then you should try this it might be work.

I have been experiencing this problem as well. I have try to find out the solutions of this problem but this will be not solve the problem. There is so much important data presents in this local disk E:\__ disk drive. So, I have not getting any solutions then I have immediately contact to the service engineer. The Service Engineer will come into my home and take some charge but they will completely solve the problem. So, if you have not found the solution you should take either advice from Service engineer or may be you need to format this drive.

See sometimes what happening because of the viral infection there will be some data presents in the drive or may be the complete drive affected. So, in that case this viral infection may be change the access permission of the drive. If you have faced the same kind of problem then firstly you need to scan the whole system by using some authorized antivirus and then check the access permissions of the drive. It might be possible that it will solve your problem. Try this problem I think it will help you to solve the problem.