Thread: Access Denied on Local Disk D in Windows XP

Access Denied on Local Disk D in Windows XP

Hello, can somebody help me. Last month I have purchased the new branded computer system. The configuration of the computer machine is to be Intel Dual core processor with the 500GB hard disk and 4 GB RAM. I have created 4 partitions of the Hard disk. I have also connected this computer system to the internet. Some days it works very well. But, sometimes it will create the problem. System OS is installing on the Local Disk C: but now I have not able to access the Local Disk D. what was the problem and tell me solutions?

Re: Access Denied on Local Disk D in Windows XP

Last week, I have faced the same kind of problem. In that time I have completely use internet on my system. Whenever I have use the internet at that time I have never care about the viruses that will came from the Internet. Then I have faced the trouble for accessing the Local Drive that is Disk D: after that I have immediately install the Quick heal antivirus and scan the whole hard disk. Quick heal antivirus will remove all the viruses presents in the hard disk. Now my system works very well. Now even I don’t have face any accessing problem.

Hey, I have faced the same kind of problem. My brother use some unsecured CD and add some unsecured data on the local disk D:. Then whenever I have tried to open the drive It will not opened by double click on the drive. Then someday I have use Explore option to open the drive but, it’s not better way to solve the problem. I have not able to access this drive. Then I will scan the local D: drive using authorized antivirus. It will help to solve the problem. You should try this to solve the problem.

I also face the same kind of problem. yesterday I have not able to view the D: drive content so, it create so much problem because there is so much important data present in the disk D:. so, in that case, I have use the windows command that is attrib command. For running this command you need to open the run window from start menu. Then enter the following line as attrib D:\*.* it will show the viruses present in the drive by opening the drive. Then immediately delete this unwanted virus from the drive. It will definitely solve your problem.

Hey you have faced the problem which is normally occurred in the system. So you firstly need to scan the whole system by using some authorized antivirus. If the problem is not solved then you need to restart your system and try to open it into the safe mode by just pressing the F8 button on the boot time. Whenever you should open the system in safe mode it will helpful for accessing the local D: drive. I think it will help you to solve the problem.