Thread: Access denied for batch file using Windows 7

Access denied for batch file using Windows 7

I had installed Windows 7 on my computer system. As I had log in the administrator domain whenever I try to run batch file it shows me Access denied error. It only runs when I had tried by right clicking and select “Run as Administrator”. As I want the batch files which will copy some software into the program files. Over here I am using XCOPY command. As always I had to use above steps to run the batch file so can anybody know how can I be able to run this in for a power user? Please help!!

Re: Access denied for batch file using Windows 7

By looking at your queries I would like to tell you that if you are a administrator you do not have rights to use into some local user account until and unless you use the username and password of that user which not a good idea. Moreover, power users are the group and not a single user. For this purpose, you will need to create a normal account. After this, you need to add it up on the group of Power user. After this configure your standard users to Power user on the group of system.

This error of Access Denied can be because of many reasons. Try updating your registry by the following the instructions given below:
    1. Click on Start
    2. Type regedit
    3. Click on OK
    4. Highlight the keys depending on what Operating System are you using
    5. Right click on the key from the right pane and click modify
    6. Click on modify binary data
    7. Click Finish

Command prompt (cmd.exe) never requires any authentication. It only depends on which of the software or programs you are using to run on it. For this purpose you need to start at the command prompt and try running by cmd.exe simply by using Administrator login. Another alternative is to turn off the UAC (User Account Control and then you can use administrative account. I guess it would work along with the administrator account.