Thread: Windows 7 not allowed to save file in particular location

Windows 7 not allowed to save file in particular location

I am having a Dell latitude laptop, which is running with the dual boot of windows 7 and windows vista, both are 32 bit. The system is specified with Intel core i5 processor. The system was running fine with all of the features. But in last night I was encountered a problem in my system when I tried to transfer a file from windows vista to windows 7 by using a flash drive, I first take the file from vista OS installed drive and then tried to paste it on a partition of windows 7. But that time an error message appears into the screen that, windows does not allowed me to save on that particular location. What type of problem is this, any idea?

Re: Windows 7 not allowed to save file in particular location

Did you tried to paste it any other location, if the problem is only occurring with a specific location then i would like to recommend you to try to save on other location and make sure that there is no issue with the file location, I was also having relevant issue after that when I tried to another location I found that it was occurring for the particular location.

According to me as per the problem that you mentioned in your post, i think this is simply occurring for the virus file, which might be affected that particular location or drive, to confirm about this I recommend you to try once to save other file not with any flash drive. Simply copy a file or folder from your systems’ other driver and then paste it on that problem creating drive, if you are still facing the problem then I suggest you to scan that specific drive with the updated security tool, I hope this will be help you some how to figure out the problem.

As per the problem that you posted here, I would like to suggest you to formant that drive, before that save the other important file from that drive to any other location. And then right click on it and choose the format option by right click on it. I hope it will surely help you. Few months back i was also getting similar issue , after that I was also proceed with this last option and get relief from the critical issue.

Is this also happening with you when you are in administrative account? Try it. If this also happening with you as a administrator then I would like to recommend you to try once to resolve this issue with the system restore process. There might be any windows log fine is not working. For the system tool under accessories of start menu click on that and choose the correct restore point, be sure that on the desire selected date or me you did not encountered any problem in your system. wait till the process completes after terminate the process .