Thread: Windows XP taking a long time to get started

Windows XP taking a long time to get started

Suddenly I have fallen into a situation where I have found out that when I would start my system, the Windows Xp would really take a long time to get started as it would do earlier. First the booting takes a long time and when the Windows Xp screen would come again the loading will really take a long time. After that when the desktop appears, it takes a hell lot of time to get all the icons on the screen and even on the system tray, all this continues for 15 to 20 minutes and after that things become normal, so can someone help me to know that what should do get rid of this.

Re: Windows XP taking a long time to get started

Dude have you got a lot of data installed on your system and along with it are you low on memory, if this is the case then what I think that you will surely not be able to get system to start up easily and effectively as you would have done when there was less data on your system. So what I would suggest you is that you should always make it a point to clear all the unwanted from the system, so that the booting will be done within a fraction of a second.

Hey what I think that you might not have got rid of the temporary files that you would have got created inside the cache of the system and that is the reason why you are unable to get the system to load properly even after removing all the files and having too many space left vacant on your drive. So to clear the tem files you will have to make use of a C cleaner, or in the run command box you can type %temp% and enter and you will get all the temporary files that you have got and delete the same from your system.

Dude what is the system configuration that you are currently having, if you have got very less amount of RAM installed on your system, then I think that this will even be one of the reason so as to not allow the system to boot properly and so I think that you will have to increase the speed of the RAM that you are currently making use of since that will also be a responsible for taking Windows Xp for a long time.

Dude if you are still getting the Windows Xp to start up slowly then what I think that the best option that you can follow is to reformat the system to install the Windows Xp again and then see if you are able to get the system to load and run again without any slowness that you are currently having. It could be possible that due to some virus or some bad portion of the memory this is happening and formatting the system will surely help to load the system perfectly.