Thread: "bootmgr is missing" on windows 7..HELP

sad "bootmgr is missing" on windows 7..HELP

I have just made a completely new desktop, bought all the parts and installed myself.

My friend gave me a counterfeit cd of windows 7, about 1/3 through the installation a blue screen popped up and i had to shut down my computer, when i went to restart the installation the screen "bootmgr is missing, press ctrl alt del to restart". i have done this so many times but cannot get past this screen, i even made the first boot device was my cd rom.

the only way i can get into the main windows 7 set up page is if my hard drive sata and power cable isnt plugged in, ive tried repairing the system and nothing works. please help

Re: "bootmgr is missing" on windows 7..HELP

The problem is with the operating system you are using. It is possible that it is a corrupted version and such cracked version do contain virus also. For this I too believe in using original operating system. You can check your system by using a linux operating system. They are free and legal to use. One of the best example is Ubuntu. It is very easy to install and work in Graphic mode. You can try installing that. For a new system there is no issue related to hardware. All you need is to get a appropriate copy of your operating system.