Thread: How to change a document icon?

How to change a document icon?

Friends, I can see the option on the desktop folders as a "change icon..." which is available from the Properties of that folder. But if I open the same property for the world document then there is no availability of such option. Can you tell me that why this is so? If you know some way by which I will be able to change the icon for the world document then please let me know that. I will be really thankful to all the replies.

Re: How to change a document icon?

I would like to tell you that this option is only available for the shortcut of any file or folder. If you are having files saved directly on the desktop then you will not get that option to change the icon for it. I think that this default icon can be change. But yes, anything is possible and so I wish that someone will come up with some way to do that soon. I am also waiting for the answer for this. For that time you can use it as it is because it will not make any difference in working of that file.

To modify an icon, you will have to right click on that file and select Properties. When you do that then you will get the Change Icon button. You will have to click it and this will open program's .exe file. That will hold added icons intended for the program. You can select a dissimilar icon so you can differentiate this shortcut from other. Program EXE files hold these icons but as a result, there are many DLL files. DLL is standing for Dynamic Link Libraries programmer's files. They assist to execute the programs. I hope that this will help you to do this and to all the other users who are willing to do the same.

I have a small tip for you. If you click on the Browse button meant for the Icon File location then you can also go to Windows/System32 directory and you will find the Shell32.dll as well as Moricons.dll there which hold the entire heap of added icons from and from there you can choose any you want. on the other hand, do understand that the files within your System32 directory are significant system files. Therefore does not fool around there over and surely never remove or rename some of those files but a lot of files on your system will hold added icons. This is just a tip for you. You can follow the steps mentioned in the previous post and you will be able to do that very easily.

There are plenty of software out there that will allow you to make the handling and creating different icons. I found one in particular that I like. It's called Forge Art Icon cursor. It is an inexpensive and influential program that allows you to make icons, animated icons, extract icons as of EXE otherwise DLL file. I have not had time to watch the program (or RTFM) to find out what the program can be done. However, I have plans to play with him more when I comprise a slight time. I mainly liked the program since I was able to rapidly make use of it when I start the download demo edition at their site. I was upgrading the web site and needed to put in a custom icon to web site in order that when someone save to the favorites list. My icon will assist them more simply discover it over again in the list.

IconForge is only the most excellent, most absolute suite to generate otherwise alter icons, cursors, animated cursors as well as icon libraries designed for Windows. Optimized for controlling minute images, you will discover a complete set of painting tools at the removal. You can bring in from as well as export toward a range of extra image, icon as well as animation types, therefore you can get benefit of work that you have previously made otherwise scanned as of other sources. IconForge is also an excellent tool for other graphics, such as producing bookmark/favorites icons intended for the web site, repeating tiles designed for wallpaper backgrounds.