Thread: How can I split audio streams on 2 outputs (Standard/HDMI)

How can I split audio streams on 2 outputs (Standard/HDMI)

I am having a Radeon HD5850 with me and that produces a HDMI output. And this is now plugged in to the HDTV. Now I am using Win 7 along with a catalyst driver. Now with all this the videos are just working perfectly alright but I am facing some serious problems with the separation of the audio streams. SO how can I split the audio streams on two outputs i.e. with the standard cable and the HDMI cable? If anyone knows the answer to this then pleases reply immediately?

Re: How can I split audio streams on 2 outputs (Standard/HDMI)

I just had a look at your question and I am not sure that what you require is actually possible. But I would like to know that is there a built in windows or any ATI drivers or some kind of eternal programs to send the audio stream of some applications on the HDMI output. Also is it possible to get the streams of other applications on my regular audio output at the same time? If yes then what you are saying can be done.

As far as I am concerned I know that usually what happens on Windows 7 is that when you are possessing two sound cards at a time then you can just set one as default .Once you set it as a default then launch your program which should be followed by setting the other one as default and then again launching the other programs and that may help you in fixing the issue. So according to me you can try to use this solution and I hope it will work for you.

I have a similar kind of issue where in I have a headset and I play games with. But now the issue is that my Radeon 5850 would just export sounds from a streamed TV show. This is the only thing that it does. But if you talk about the system then it can do both. But the actual issue is that I can only divert all sounds which is based on audio device and that has to be default. So even I am looking for something similar to what you have been looking for.

Even I had a look at the issue that you have stated and I feel that there is no such way where you can split audio streams on 2 outputs. I just browsed a bit to look for the solution and I didn't find any way to do this. I guess that at a single time the Radeon driver did not allow this to happen. So the thing is that possibly the newer version can offers such thing in future. Also you can try to ask this query to some ATI persons so that he will help you on this.

Thanks a lot for the solutions .I just went through then and feel that actually it is not possible to split audio streams on 2 outputs. Even I browsed a lot to see if it works or not but I didn’t find any answer. I tried one of the solutions by setting it as a default and then launching the program and then again doing the vice-verse. But that didn’t help me a lot. So I would once again like to thank you all for all your solution that you have provided me.

it is possible to do this, but it must be done from within the program you want to come out of the separate stream and only a couple that im aware of do.

for example, i run my tv from my 5870 over hdmi and use xbmc maximised on the tv. by setting the default audio device as speakers and changing the settings in xbmc to use the hdmi audio i have videos and their audio coming out of the tv and all other sounds including full screen games coming out of my pc speakers.