Thread: Why windows xp sp3 denies me to access my files?

Why windows xp sp3 denies me to access my files?

Hi Friends I need quick help from your side. Actually around one month ago I have install the sp3 windows xp operating system. Till last night it was working without any issue but today in the morning when I try to access my files then I get the error message. And I am not able to access all the files which is present in to this. I do not know how to fix this matter. So I just post a new thread over here if you guys have any idea so please share your thoughts. And please try to get me rid from this matter.

Re: Why windows xp sp3 denies me to access my files?

I have one solution for this in that if a XP is preventing you from accessing the file or any folder and give you the message that “Access Denied” or the second one is “The user does not have access rights” and it is sometime happening because of the problem in the permission on the network or file system NTFS. So to get rid from this you just try to connect to the system along with the Admin account just to make sure that through that you are able to get that or not. Otherwise you just go for the disk check I am sure it will help you.

To access the NTFS file in to the windows xp system I have one solution for this and I hope that it will help you. So for that you just follow these steps:
    • First right click on to the file and after that select the property in that.
    • And after this in to the security tab just tick on to the Advanced Settings.
    • If you are not able to get the security tab then you just select the Tools menu, choose Folder Options and after that tick the View tab and uncheck "Use simple file sharing".
    • And you have to tick I mean you have to check the box “Replace owner on sub containers and objects", and then make sure it.
    • It is very important note that the "deny" overrides "allow". Thus you have to uncheck "allow" rather than to check "refuse". Furthermore, if the user worried regarding the several groups and that access is denied to one group, and then access will be denied!

In this the solution which is given above it is correct but in this you also have to create a restore point in this. And after that you will be able to be able to restore the system in case of problem.
    • In this first you have to double tick on to the file to decompress scesp4i.exe in a temporary directory.
    • And then you have to right click on to the file Setup.inf, and after this you have to install it.
    • And if you get a dialog box which will ask you to overwrite the file Esent.dll so in that you just decline it by clicking on to the "No to All".
    • And after this in last you have to restart the computer.