Thread: Problem in installing the windows 7 service pack 1 on Dell Inspiron

Problem in installing the windows 7 service pack 1 on Dell Inspiron

I have purchased Dell Inspiron 530 recently and want to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 on it. But when installing it I am getting an error message that says "Windows Update_C0000135 Windows Update_dt000, SQMAPI.dll fault" and after that it will not install. Before this I was using Windows XP on my computer. Is there anyone who can tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks

Re: Problem in installing the windows 7 service pack 1 on Dell Inspiron

Try to perform a clean boot in your pc and see if that works. Follow the below steps on how to perform clean boot:
    • Open System Configuration by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking System Configuration.* Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Click the General tab, click Selective startup, and then clear the Load system services and the Load startup items check boxes.
    • Select the Load system services check box, click OK, and then click Restart.

If still the problem occurs, then follow additional steps given here - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-7

Re: Problem in installing the windows 7 service pack 1 on Dell Inspiron

Can you try to run the sfc /scannow command and see if that helps. To do that click on start and then go to Search box and type cmd to open command prompt. In cmd you need to type sfc /scannow and press Enter. This System File Checker tool will try to scan your pc for corrupt system files and will also try to automatically fix them in your computer. Hope this helps.

Even I was facing this same issue on my Dell Inspiron computer. So I went to the Dell's website and I downloaded a tool from there to scan my computer to see which drivers I have and which ones need updating. After installing their driver download manager tool, it updated all the drivers for the device in my computer. I think that after reinstalling the Intel driver solved the major case and now my pc is working fine.