Thread: "NTLDR missing" error message in Dell Inspiron 6400

"NTLDR missing" error message in Dell Inspiron 6400

I am facing a problem in my Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop, this is running with windows vista 32 bit system architecture, the problem is whenever I tried to start the system in normal mode it flashes a error message that the "NTLDR missing", will not booting, though there is no issue with the safe mode, it booted properly. The system is specified with Intel core 2 duo processor, along with the ATI RADEON graphics card. Though there is no error message in safe mode. What should be the cause of this issue and for what should I proceed to resolve this issue? Any suggestion will be helpful for me.

Re: "NTLDR missing" error message in Dell Inspiron 6400

I think this occurring or the start up manager, in the error message the file name that you mentioned in works to boot your system in start up. And though this is showing as missing then I am sure that the problem is in the BIOS start up. Reboot your system and start pressing DEL from your keyboard after the manufacturer logo will appears into the screen, it will appear you into the BIOS setting window, from there click on start up repair option and wait till it completes the process.

This is might be occurring for the application (s) which are installed in your, any one of them are corrupt the boot manager file NTLDR. Start your system in safe mode and then scan your system with an updated antivirus program, this will surely detect that infected file from your system and will directs you to reboot your system, few days ago I was also encountered this problem in my system, after that when I tried with this process I easily detect that infected file from my system and get removed that one, I hope this will also help you to resolve this issue.

Last month I was also encountered this problem, whenever I tried to open the system in normal this error message appears into the screen, after that I was also applied many tricks to resolve this issue, but nothing was helped me, then I simply tried with the system restore process, I also like to suggest you to proceed with this system restore process from start menu>>accessories>.system tool. Select the appropriate restore point and run the restore process, I hope it will be somehow help you to overcome from the problem.

The problem that you mentioned in your post, as per my opinion there should be only one solution to get relief from this, reload the operating system, because though the file is a boot manager file and it missing from your system then this is surely occurring for the operating system, and by reload the OS this will recover. Run they installation process and from the beginning window click on install now button it will ask you to select the driver for loading, it will format that selected drive and then run they fresh installation process.

probably you tried to clean your computer by deleting files in C:\ and you deleted critical system files...
    Technically you don't have to reload the os, you could just take the right files from another computer and manage to copy them using a bootable CD (i did that once it worked), but it is quite a work to set all the cds up... so reload the os, this is the easiest (not shortest, but the easiest)

I get relief from the problem with you kind replies, though I was totally disappoint after encounter the problem in my system, then I was also tried with many tricks to resolve this issue, but when I applied the system restore process which is mentioned here I relief from the problem, so if there is any one also having the similar kind of problem then I like to recommend you to go through above posted tricks, these will surely help you to resolve the problem.