Thread: Windows 7 home prem on Mac + language problems

Windows 7 home prem on Mac + language problems

So recently, I've finally got myself a genuine Windows 7 Home Premium for my Mac so I could install a few Japanese Visual Novels.

After installing the system successfully, I was faced with another challenge that was the language part. I know Home Premium doesn't support multi-language, and it was stupid of me really not to look into what I bought, but I decided to make the best of it.

So after searching here and there, I finally was able to install the MUI for Japanese on the system with the help of a Vistalizator, and yay, I finally have a system that has Japanese text all over that on my start menu, everything is in Japanese. No problems there.

But when I tried to download those visual novels, I find that they either end up in boxes or really random symbols like C`%&@ @cA, and looking it up even more, I find that it's because I don't the unicode for it installed? Or rather, I'm really not sure of the problem. With that also, I can't also activate a Japanese Keyboard, although the whole system (besides the keyboard input) is in Japanese, so I don't really know what I'm missing.

More on my system, like I mentioned before, it's a Windows 7 Home Premium which doesn't support MUI originally, but with the help of a Vistalizator, I could get a Japanese MUI working, just that I still see boxes or odd symbols when trying to install some Japanese program.

Can anyone help me? I'm willing to get this working, like really... I just don't really want to find out that I had wasted a lot of money of a system that can't do what I had expected it to do...

Re: Windows 7 home prem on Mac + language problems

Ah, nevermind.

I managed to fix this problem after tweaking with the language a bit.

( ; __ ; ) I'm sorry for being a bother. <--- tears of eternal joy

Re: Windows 7 home prem on Mac + language problems

Quote Originally Posted by maxxiply View Post
    Ah, nevermind.

I managed to fix this problem after tweaking with the language a bit.
    Thats great buddy, you fixed it yourself. But could you please share the tips / steps you followed for the same ? I mean, there might be some more people facing such problems and your procedure can help them as well.