Thread: Desktop wallpaper keeps disappearing in windows XP after reboot

Desktop wallpaper keeps disappearing in windows XP after reboot

The desktop wallpaper keeps disappearing after rebooting my system. It stick for few seconds and then vanishes in my windows XP dell inspiron one desktop PC. It starts occurring after install some of the updates of installed application. And when the wallpaper vanishes along with this also the taskbar and the other icon from my desktop. Why this problem occurring is there anyone having any idea on this? Any input regarding this will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Desktop wallpaper keeps disappearing in windows XP after reboot

As per my knowledge, the problem might also be occurring for the virus file, for that I would like to recommend you to scan your system with an up to date antivirus program and by this the virus will be detected ad then you will be able to remove that one form your system, I hope this process will surely help you to overcome from the problem. Try this.

Open task manager and from there open the process tab, under that look for the explorer.exe process, stop the execution of that process and the again from the file>>new task run the explorer.exe process, after stop the process it will vanish all of the icon and the tasks from your desktop and after start it again it will again appear them in to the screen. try this, I was also get help from this process while I was getting similar issue. I hope this will surely help you.

If the problem is occurred right after install a specific application, then there might be any issue occurred with the application installed file or any one of the infected file. so I hope first of all you need to proceed for the scanning process, it will surely help you figure out the problem whether this is occurring for the virus file or something else. If still the problem arriving then I recommend you to try once to get relief from this problem by simply unload the application from your system, if this is surely occurring for that specific problem then by this process you will surely get help to overcome from the problem.

I am also having a problem in my desktop screen, some of the icons are not appearing into my desktop screen, along with if I reboot my system for getting somehow help on this problem, the background screen of the desktop flickers. I tried with the above mentioned scanning process along with other mentioned processes to overcome from this problem., but nothing was helped me. What I should I do now? Any suggestion about this problem will be appreciated greatly.

According to me the screen flickering problem that you mentioned in your post, is occurring for the graphical interface, for that I would like to recommend you to open the device manager, under that now open the display tab, right click on that and choose the software update option, it will collect the information bout the update version and will direct you to replace this one with the existing one. I hope this will definitely help you.

It could be a virus so please scan your using a tool from www.malwarebytes.org its free