Thread: Vista Home Premium - icon prompts "windows can't check for updates"

Vista Home Premium - icon prompts "windows can't check for updates"

I do not know how to fix this issue so that is why I am here if you guys have any solution on this so please help me as soon as it is possible for you guys. Actually the main issue is that the update icon which is present in the system tray it always shows me that "windows can’t check for updates". On the other hand, updates are still being notified when available but cannot be installed until I close down the machine. So please help me on this. I just want to than k you guys in advance.

Re: Vista Home Premium - icon prompts "windows can't check for updates"

I think it is happening because of the Malicious software. So for that you just installed the The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool just to check infections. And after completing the detection it will remove the harmful content through your system. And for this you have to imply search on to the internet. And I am sure that you will be able to get this within a fraction of time. And if you are not able to get that so just search this on the official website of the Microsoft.

After you download the System Update Tool, it runs only once for the exploration of the inconsistencies that might stop future servicing operations. This scan classically takes less than 18 min to run. On the other hand, the tool may take much longer on some computers. The progress bar will not get updated during the scan, and while progressing this it seems to stop at 60% but it is happen for some time. This behavior is expected. The analysis is still working and you should not cancel the update.

Hey friends I am also going through the same issue and in this I have tried many solutions but none of them seems to work in my case. I have also visited many of the forum site but unable to get any solution which seems to work in my case. So if anybody has any solution regarding this so please help me as soon as it is possible for you guys. I am just waiting for your replies. And please try to give me solution for this as soon as it is possible for you guys.

I am also going through this and in this if I click on the update icon, it prompts me a window frame and then closes. If I type windows update in search box so at that time it is doing the same thing for me. . I'm running on Vista operating system, but I can't tell you the SP pack I may have for the reason that when I go for it and click on to the properties of my computer that gives the same result with the disappearing screen. And gives me the error found code: 0x80040154 So please help me on this. I will be thankful for this.

AndrewShawn Guest

I was also having the same problem , when i click on update , it prompts me a window frame and after some time a message appears that unable to download files, then after so much efforts i got no result. So i format my Os and i got rid of it. So dude is some prob with Vista so please format your Os and then start window updates.
    Last edited by AndrewShawn; 21-03-2011 at 01:09 PM.