Thread: Windows installer service not functioning properly in windows vista 64 bit

Windows installer service not functioning properly in windows vista 64 bit

The windows installer service in my windows vista 64 bit system architecture, Acer aspire laptop not functioning properly. This problem occurred first time when I was tried to download and install the i-tunes, during that I keeps getting error that, the windows installer has stopped working, either this one running in safe mode or the windows installer does not installed properly. I tried few tricks on that, as per my knowledge, but nothing was helped me. Now what I should to resolve this?

Re: Windows installer service not functioning properly in windows vista 64 bit

If the windows installer service is stopped in your system then go through the bellow mentioned process and turn it one. Right click on my computer and click on manage option, it might be ask you to enter the administrator password and user name, insert and terminate the process. Now from under that mist click on Services and Applications, choose services option, from the drop down list of services, right click on installer and run the service. Check whether this process get you relief form the problem or not.

By register or un-register they windows installer I hope this problem can be resolved, I was also facing relevant issue in my system just few months back, after that I did applied this process and this works fine. Type and insert UNREGISTER/ MSIEXEC into the run command panel from start menu and the click on ok. This will simply unregister the windows installer, now again type and insert the REGSERVER/ MSIEXEC into the search panel and re-register the installed. After this reboot your system for apply the changes. Try this one.

I am also facing relevant type of issue with the windows installer, and this starts occurred right from the last three days, and this is occurring without any such kind of error message or the installer information, after turn ion ten system if I tried to run any installed application in my windows vista system it flashes that the windows installer stopped working, and for this application one also stopped working. Can’t understand why this is occurring. Any idea on this issue?

According to me, regarding this problem that you posted here, I think this is not a installer problem, where as I was also facing relevant type of issue. after that when I was did a deep search on this, I found that these type of issues might also be occurred for windows explorer, for that I was get a simple process, I tried that one and then come out form the problem. open process tab under task manager and then stop the execution of explorer.exe process, and then again from file>>new task run the explorer.exe process. reboot your system after that. I hope this will surely help you.

According to me, the problem that you mentioned in your post, this can be resolved by register and un-register the installer process, though I was also facing relevant issue, after that I was also applied that trick and get relief from issue. But apart from that after applied that if you are still facing the problem, then I would like to recommend you to proceed for the operating system fresh installation. This will surely recover the function of your windows installer service.