Thread: sound recorder not working after installing windows 7 sp1

sound recorder not working after installing windows 7 sp1

well i hope you have read the title and you must be having a fair idea of what my problem is. I recently upgraded the operating system from windows vista to windows 7 sp1. Well after the upgradation one such issue that I found In my system was that the sound recorder was not working. My system is Asus P5K-E and I have personally checked all the audio drivers and all have been updated properly. So where does my problem lie? Do you have any suggestions for me then o share it here.

Re: sound recorder not working after installing windows 7 sp1

I would advise you to work with the Recording Audio troubleshooter. I think that will be the perfect solution for your problem. Running that particular tool in your system will fix all the issues that are there in the system and hence you can try recording the audio again, I am quite sure that you will be able to get the desired results out of it. so do try with this particular suggestion and I am quite sure that it will help you in the process.

Hey thanks for the quick and the prompt reply. I did understand what you are trying to say but I don’t know where will I get the troubleshooting tool. So it would be great if you can help me with the same. So please do suggest me some steps that I need to try or workout in aorder to get the Recording Audio troubleshooter. So please do me the favor and get back to me as soon as possible. Your answer would be highly appreciative.

Yes, I would definitely like to help you with this one. so in this case what you will have to do is follow the simple steps that I have given here
    1) Go to the start menu and in there go to the control panel. There you will get the search box.
    2) In the search box you will have to type troubleshooter. When it will appear do click on the troubleshooting.
    3) Now go under hardware and sound . click on Recording Audio troubleshooter.
    4) You might be prompted with the admin user name and the password. So do enter the necessary information there and you will get the desired result.
    So do follow all the required steps and you will get the desired result.

OK, i did try with that solution as well but still that suggestion of yours did not work with me. i was facing a very difficult time getting through the solutions. So as of now i cannot find any solution for it. i am trying to find some solution in the internet lets hope i get any solution there. As of now i would like to thank you all for the efforts that you have put in to solve the issue.