Thread: How to make Windows 7 Start Menu more useful.

How to make Windows 7 Start Menu more useful.

Once upon a time you could organize the start menu shortcuts to folders for easy access to frequently used programs. This is no longer allowed. Now you should set or ping a direct access to the Start menu instead of a folder of shortcuts related, or access to the long program "All Programs" list. This is like giving you an option to purchase gasoline in the tank or the thimble. If you try setting a folder shortcut associated with the start menu that can only be accessed as a folder, not a menu. Is there any way to restore the old functionality of the Start menu?

Re: How to make Windows 7 Start Menu more useful.

Hello friend I got your problem this possible to get the classical vies of the start menu. These tips may help. Start menu can be organized by adding your own folders. Firstly Open the Windows Explorer then click on window then stat menu then program then user profile. This is only for the specific user only if you want to have a effect seen to all users should be here in c drive then in data folder then in windows then start menu and then programs, here You can create folders, and then simply drag and drop Start menu shortcuts.

Hello friend I would like to thank you for replying. I come to know that Microsoft programmers are more inept than anyone could have imagined. I tried to group shortcuts on All program list to something more manageable, but every single cut, paste, move the function took long time. Simply moving a shortcut from one folder to another, something that is instantaneous in the rest of the computer world, Windows 7 has several minutes for exercise. Can anyone tell me the reason for slow performance?

Hello friend I am also having the same issue after making changes to start menu. When I change the name of any shortcut, or create a new folder in the "All Programs" menu it takes long times. Bad thing is that Windows 7 has not updated Explorer after changing the file name. So When I change the name of a file it does not reflect on all programs. So I cannot access the file because it has changed name. It is just that the file name is not visible. Have I done any installation or is this what others are experiencing too?

Hello friend, first I would like to thank all the people who shared this forum. Thanks for giving the solution to me. I have been frustrated about this friend. Now I followed the instruction discussed above and it worked perfectly. So thanks once again for helping me out of this problem. If there any more suggestion would be appreciated.