Thread: Unable to change/ disable the Windows Keyboard Shortcuts on windows 7

Unable to change/ disable the Windows Keyboard Shortcuts on windows 7

I want some help here to modify Windows keyboard shortcut. I cannot do that manually. I had tried checking the same thing under settings. I want to create my own shortcut. I am trying to link some applications on the shortcut key. For example hitting Windows + 1 to launch Word and in the same way hitting Windows + 2 to launch Excel. I want a easy tool through which I can do this and disable all the shortcuts when not required.

Re: Unable to change/ disable the Windows Keyboard Shortcuts on windows 7

To create custom keyboard shortcut you will need a good third party tool. Autohotkey is one of them. This tool has a smart way through which you can create multiple keyboard shortcuts and apply them. It is extremely easy to use. All you have to do is download this tool and try to assign the keys along with action required. Once you exist this tool all shortcuts will be disabled.

I do this by right clicking on the shortcut icon. This is a time consuming process but effective. All you have to do is create a shortcut for different applications and programs on desktop. Right click on that and click on Properties. In that go to Shortcut tab. In Shortcut key you can type the key combination of your choice. Once applied the keyboard shortcut will launch that particular program. This is the easiest option.

Re: Unable to change/ disable the Windows Keyboard Shortcuts on windows 7

Can you try to disable the sticky keys and filter keys and see if that helps. To do this go to Control Panel and click on Ease of Access center and then find link for "Make the keyboard easier to use". After that remove the check mark for “Turn on Sticky Keys” or “Turn on Filter Keys”. Also click on either “Set up Filter Keys” or “Set up Sticky Keys” (or both) and disable Filter Keys Popup. Now go to the Filter keys setup screen and also remove the checkbox from “Turn on Filter Keys when right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds”.