Thread: Facing problem with Ubuntu 9.10 in MSI 890GXM-G65 AMD 890GX

Facing problem with Ubuntu 9.10 in MSI 890GXM-G65 AMD 890GX

I am looking for proper motherboard for Ubuntu 9.10. I installed Linux 64-bit adaptation of Ubuntu on Microstar K8N Neo4 Platinum AMD Athlon 3200 +, but it not working suitably. Now I want to change the motherboard (as mentioned above) and other system parts like processor ,ram tec. and boot processor and original installation of HD. but the first thing is, if the motherboard supports. That means if you have Ubuntu 9.10 x 64 graphics drivers for ATI Radeon HD4290 and the network card Realtek 8111D (Realtek 8111C driver in Ubuntu 9.04 was unstable).

Re: Facing problem with Ubuntu 9.10 in MSI 890GXM-G65 AMD 890GX

I use Ubuntu 10.04 and works well with Realtek onboard HD3300 and 8111. However, the driver does not work with Radeon HD for me, very well with the Radeon driver. FGLRX does not work at all for my system. They are working for some time in the Operating system-Radeon drivers and improved with the minutes. I was using 9.10 on my board without any problems, so I don’t think it should create problem with you. If you are still facing problem with this then try to search about this on internet. I hope you will get solution from there.

According to your answer I bought new motherboard for my computer. And I want the same installation for my new system. Means I don’t want to install other software. I want to startup Ubuntu login without any graphics on my old configuration. I want to uninstall all previous Nvidia drivers. But I don’t know how to start with it. To install ATI I done want any driver install yet in my system. Please help me and tell me how to start for this new settings form my system.

Use synaptic and set up the open source Radeon driver, and not the Radeon HD driver, or the closed source FGLRX driver. The copy edits xorg.conf in / etc/X11 to match my attachment. Restarts the ATI board and it should work fine. This is how I did, nothing more than that. Or install the drivers Radeon HD and edit my xorg. Conf use Radeon HD driver, but that did not work for me can work for you. However, I use 32-bit Ubuntu, should work the same in 64 bits. I hope this information will help you to solve this problem.

Hi even I was facing same kind of problem but I made some changes in my system and it works just follow the steps I hope it will help you to solve your problem. First install the Radeon HDin your system and then edit the xorg.conf file to use this Radeon HD and after that observer the thing in your system. The driver of HD should be better if you can use it in your system. You can install multiple drivers, it just depends on the line in xorg.conf to the one used. I hope this information will help you to solve your problem. please let me know its working or not.

Radeon HD driver I tried, it's nothing. But it does not work and I boot from Ubuntu live to re-establish the unique xorg.conf. I am satisfied with the graphic is nice, and without any effects needed for my work. So, I'm happy as it is, the update is completed successfully. Thanks for the support; it is best that I cannot install the large SW and hours dedicated to the search configuration and some receipts complicated. So everything is perfect. Thank you for your support and suggestions.