Thread: "Direct 3D now working." message occurs while playing games

"Direct 3D now working." message occurs while playing games

I've been playing computer games and most commonly world of war craft. For a long time I had not updated my video drivers, so I did that and landed up in a big trouble. But after the updation of the video card driver I was not able to play any of the games in it. Since I thought that the driver update will help me in playing the game in a more suitable format but now it is not the same. Whenever I try playing any of the games it always give the error message saying that "3D acceleration not working" or "Direct 3D working now." I received several messages. To overcome this problem I downloaded the DirectX many time but it was of no use, also tried to update Nvidia drivers but nothing of it is working. Please help.

Re: "Direct 3D now working." message occurs while playing games

Hello there, that's odd are you running a PCI video card, even if the answer is yes it should not affect the lack of 3D support. I cannot see any other problem with the display driver or DirectX. Normally, the "cannot create the Direct3D device" or "3D support missing" error message comes when your display drivers are too old or it may have been destroyed during to some of the external damages that is been done by some other factor. You are running Nvidia 91.31 drivers for the video drivers which should not lack in displaying the 3d support.

The other problem is caused by damaged caused to the DirectX, but rarely have I seen people to fix it without reinstalling Windows. If you try to reinstall DirectX then the installer tends to do nothing. Here it won’t allow you to install an older version of DirectX. I am not sure that if a quick installation will repair the things. And a repair installation is only possible if you have retail bootable Windows and you cannot do if you are using a Dell recovery disk or partition. Most of the Directx uninstaller which are present on the internet is a reliable source to do this, the only thing you can do is to re install the whole thing again.

Most of the people change many setting in the system even after not knowing what to do and finally tend to make the situation more worse. So if you still want to take the risk, then it is advisable that you make a backup of the system and also gain a good knowledge about the thing or the steps that you are going to be performing. Never uninstall or do anything with the Nvidia driver as they contain most of the uninstaller in it, if you do something then it will lead to worse effect than what you are facing. The removing of the driver should always been done from the Add or remove program in the control panel of the windows.

Hello, if you want to disable the 3d effect in your computer then do the following things that are mentioned below, click the start button in the desktop, after this go on the services in the search bar and click services, when you do that you will get lots of services at the right hand side, select any one of this and double click on it. On that you will be provided the option of disabling the services, now you can do this from here. If you want to start it then you can click start that is been present in the option and after few seconds you will get the service started.