Thread: I need an audio driver for MSI 850 Pro2

I need an audio driver for MSI 850 Pro2

Hello friends, I have a big problem regarding the audio drivers for my mother board; I recently formatted my hard drive because of the virus that were present in the computer. But the problem is, after I reinstalling all the necessary software and the operating system, I am not able to get the Audio drivers that should present in the motherboard, I recently misplaced the cd that was containing the data and the driver for the audio, I tried downloading it from the internet, but they provide me with a lot of drivers information. Even I tried some of them but it was of no use. I have windows xp operating system and a MSI 850 Pro2 MS-6523 motherboard, so can anyone give me the proper name for the driver that I have to download for this mother board.

Re: I need an audio driver for MSI 850 Pro2

Hi friend, I went through your problem that you have mentioned above, but it is very difficult to find a site where the drivers are been located, as this kind of the mother board do not have the separate audio drivers present for that, you will find the drivers or the solution in the main board driver CD, just run the CD again to the default setting, this will allow to install all the setting that is recently skipped for some reason. If this do not work then you try changing the content with the help of the INF Driver this should solve the problem.

I tried to installed the latest win 2000 sp4 operating system, and also changed the driver of the Intel INF 6.2.1.1001, but I am not able to get the thing right, whenever I tried to go on the task manager and search for the audio device it is always giving me the error that the audio drivers that you have provided do not support the motherboard. When I searched the Intel website they provide me with a solution saying that the manufacturer did not provide me with the ac 97 drivers, but I am not able to find out in any of the site the specific driver that the Intel people are telling me to search, so I am in a big trouble now, pleases help.

Okk the problem may be solved, if the BIOS is having the information and the data that are required by you, there are some critical drivers that the BIOS of the computer stores and keep it in the BIOS, once all the procedure that you have decide to do is been done then it will installed the driver in it. To enable the BIOS to install the required software, you have to set the jumper J19 to on. Once you have on the jumper then it will fine for the appropriate hardware for installing the software in it.

Thanks a lot it worked, I had to a lot of scanning and waste of time on it. It would be better that I had some expert help in it because this is something that is you screwed the thing then it is very hard to bring that to the same normal mode in it. I tried installing Intel AC97 driver into the motherboard, which were present in the win 2k for the 82801AB sound controller. The thing works only when you override the driver, it does not work when you explicitly write it for the BA controller, once you have done this then it will add the data to it install document.