Thread: There is a problem with the modded VGA drivers

There is a problem with the modded VGA drivers

Hello friends, I have a certain issues in my laptop. The new mobile GPU drivers for my laptop is not been released, so because of that I am trying to installed the modded drivers on my laptop. I required a “physX support yet.” That is present in it. The problem occurred when I installed any of the Geforce Drivers in the fresh formatted note book with installed MSI drivers of any other components, will run better and only when the note book boot up and it is plugged AC. But when I try booting the notebook with the batteries, the drivers only allows 16 bit color display on the desktop and all the application that is been opened. If I want to convert the 16 bit to the 32 bit I have to turn off the notebook and plug it in the AC mode and boot up. I tried with the original MSI drivers installed in it, but I didn’t found any difference in it. So please help about how to come out with this problem.

Re: There is a problem with the modded VGA drivers

Hi friend, I went through your problem, you can go for the NVIDIA drivers that are present for the latest laptop, and the name of the driver is ForceWare 179.28. It also has the presence of PhysX in it; this should somehow reduce your problem in it. The issue may also be in the power management in the laptop, the option that you have is to change to 16 bit mode when you are running the batteries. This must have happened due to modification of the INF file must have destroyed or its value must be changed. The drivers that you are finding can be found in the official site of the NVIDIA in the internet, you can download the drivers from there.

Hi, I tried the steps that you have told me to download the latest drivers of the NVIDIA 179.28, but the problem remained the same, I even tried to modify the content of the INF, but it was the same issue. Also I downloaded and installed the modded f.e. 181.22, but the issue of the 16 bit remained the same. The only driver which I downloaded and installed and did not give any of the problems was MSI 176.60. I have no idea, why only with certain drivers the problem is getting solved; it should be supporting the device if other can do. It is really strange problem. Can you give some other advice so that I can try those things to overcome the problem?

Your problem is regarding the drivers that do not support the physX, but according to me it supports the MSI driver’s 176.60 supports the physX. If it not working then you have to demand for the new driver from the site of MSI which is been newly develop and help you to manage and search the specific drivers from there. You can also modify the INF file with the help of the tool named DriverHeaven's NV Mod tool, this is easily available on the site and can help you to change the content of the INF file. I hope this works for you.

Do one thing, try to contact the NV mod tool support forum, this people will help you find the error that you are facing from so long, the problem may be in some of the registry, so this people are the best because they have the whole knowledge of the registry present in it. Also according to me the problem may be in the drivers which you are downloading from the internet, as they are containing some of the error in it, do try some other source for getting the drivers for the same. But most of the time the tech support people solve the problem what we faced but it somehow difficult because it may happened that the problem will not be understood by them at certain time.