Thread: USB transfer rate became slow after having installed Windows 7 SP1

USB transfer rate became slow after having installed Windows 7 SP1

This is what the problem i am facing from quite few days. I just recently installed windows 7 sp1 in my system and i have noticed that the usb transfer rate is quite slow. The same problem was not prevalent in the windows xp. Then why it suddenly became prevalent in the windows 7. Do anyone have any idea why is this happening? Then do let me know about it. I really want some good solutions for this problem since i have a lot of files left to be transferred from my system to the usb. So please do send in your responses as early as possible.

Re: USB transfer rate became slow after having installed Windows 7 SP1

The one basic solution that I would like to give you here is try installing the usb drivers that are required for the system from any of the Microsoft websites. I think that will be a very good option for you. Since it is sp1 and I does not automatically downloads the drivers fro the website. O it is upon you to download the drivers of usb from the Microsoft website and you will be done. So do try it and let me know if that works or not.

Actually I am unable to detect your problem. Does all the file transaction speed means the file transfers within the system work fine? Or is it causing the same problem there also? If you have not checked then I would advise you to have a check about this particular matter and I am quite sure that I will be able to give you some proper solutions to it. So do have a check and get back to me with the appropriate response then I will be able to give some reply.

I have got some good solution for you. The suggestion that I am trying to give you is that Go to the Device Manager and then delete the USB controllers. Once you delete the usb controller then you will have to reboot the system. Once you have rebooted the system and then when you start with the system the usb controllers will get automatically loaded in the system. I think that is the perfect solution for you do try it and let me know if that works or not.

I would advise you to run the pendmove tool. I think this is the perfect tool for you do try it and let me know if that works or not. You must copy the batch file and then copy the batch file to the following path C:\Windows\System32. I think this is the most effective and the most accurate tool that will help you solve the problem. The problem that you are facing is due to the prevalent of the various kind of bugs in the usb driver. So that’s what you will have to try.

I will be attaching you a particular batch file and from there you would be able to give you the perfect solution for it. so do try with that and you would be able to get the perfect solution.
    Code:
    @echo off
    //Always remember that This must be run from an elevated command prompt!
    pause

if ["%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%"] == ["processor name"]   
    goto x86-32
    if ["%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%"] == ["processor name"] 
    goto x86-64
    // if it does not matches then
    echo Invalid PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE!
    goto end

:x86-32
    set SourceRoot=%SystemRoot%\winsxs\x86_usbport.inf_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_bfc9c95e61cfba61
    set SourceRoot2=%SystemRoot%\winsxs\x86_winusb.inf_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_f9fc4e7173e3735c
    goto start

:x86-64
    set SourceRoot=%SystemRoot%\winsxs\amd64_usbport.inf_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_1be864e21a2d2b97
    set SourceRoot2=%SystemRoot%\winsxs\amd64_winusb.inf_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_561ae9f52c40e492
    goto start
    //having done that try the following command
    :start
    pushd %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers

copy %SourceRoot%\usbehci.sys usbehci.sys.new
    pendmove usbehci.sys.new usbehci.sys

copy %SourceRoot%\usbport.sys usbport.sys.new
    pendmove usbport.sys.new usbport.sys

if exist winusb.sys (
        copy %SourceRoot2%\winusb.sys winusb.sys.new
        pendmove winusb.sys.new winusb.sys
    )
    So do try it and let me know if that works or not. I think all the solutions have really helped me and I think that would be the perfect tool for you as well.